Author Topic: Using Second iPad with DL806  (Read 3718 times)

barrynz

• Youngling
Using Second iPad with DL806
« on: May 03, 2018, 08:49:21 AM »
Hello there,
I've done a little research in the manual, online and in this forum, but not found an answer to my question, and without sounding too 'groupie', the experts ARE on this forum.

I've had a DL806 for a few years now for my 'Duo with Backing Tracks' and it works flawlessly with my iPad mini as docked and un-docked controller, using a bog standard wifi router.
We usually just mix onstage, largely from a preset show setting, but we have changed our PA speaker rig and I'd like to have a sound guy friend be able to make adjustments from out front as we soundcheck and play our next gig . Simple...just un dock the iPad mini and wander... yes, but I'd like to give him a full size iPad Air to wander with, which is easier to make adjustments on.

Does the ipad air have to be docked to the DL806 at some stage before it can be used wirelessly with the DL..?? Not a hard ask, except that I have the iPad mini bracket attached.
I have briefly tried linking, but could not get the iPad air to show as a wireless option on the DL806, despite having the same version (latest) of Master Fader installed. The iPad Air connects to the router fine.

Sorry if it sounds a bit lazy posting here, rather than unscrewing a few bracket screws, but a quick knowledgeable explanation would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 08:55:50 AM by barrynz »

Ampli

• Knight
Re: Using Second iPad with DL806
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2018, 09:52:35 AM »
The ipad air does not to be connected to the dl, it should work wireless
Did you try to connect the air without the mini?
If connected correct to the router it schould be visible?
Is it connected to the same network?
Did you select the 806 ?
(With my router i have 2 networks)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 09:54:23 AM by Ampli »

barrynz

• Youngling
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2018, 08:43:25 PM »
Thank you for the clarification...
It IS very simple.... As I was testing at home, there were a couple of similarly named wifi signals around and the Ipad Air was defaulting back to the main home modem, with internet, in preference to my DL806 connected one that was wifi only.....Once I renamed the DL806 modem to a more unique name to make things easier, and opted to link to that one 'with no internet'..all went smooth.

dpdan

• Dapper Dan
  • Master
    • kurysound.com
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2018, 03:44:14 AM »
when I use my Dl mixer at home it always automatically connects to my home W-Fi router because it knows the password.

Click on "settings" on your iPad and then click on Wi-Fi. On the right side of that Wi-Fi router's name you will see a little blue circle with an "i" in the middle...
click on that, and then click "Forget This Network". The iPad will then automatically choose the DL mixer's W-Fi router and not the home router.
At any time, you can click on the home W-Fi router and re-enter the password if you want to use the iPad on your home's internet.

barrynz

• Youngling
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2018, 04:01:51 AM »
Thank you, Dapper Dan.  I 'should've' known that and that was part of the solution for me.. The Ipad Air is the household use ipad , the mini sits exclusively on the DL806..1st time I've tried to use both.....

dpdan

• Dapper Dan
  • Master
    • kurysound.com
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2018, 04:57:38 AM »
glad to help  :)