Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

New stuff coming

<< < (11/11)

ToH2002:

--- Quote from: Ram on June 26, 2018, 05:03:23 PM ---So -in DL16S, i could use :(just an example)
for channel 1:hall reverb from fx1
for channel 2:plate reverb from fx2
for channel 3:medium room reverb from fx3
for channel 4:small room reverb from fx4

--- End quote ---

You COULD do that, but that's not how you'd normally go about things.

In normal mix practice, I have a "universal" reverb (medium length, not too bright) that I can use to "flesh out" some sounds, plus a room reverb to create depth in my mix (more room = sound further back in the mix). So I usually have these two in my reverb slots. Then, I normally have a stereo delay with different delay times for left and right and without any repeats for my lead vocals.

So the idea about send effects is that you can add a little dose of them to any number of channels. E.g. my snare drum and tom toms all get a little bit of "universal reverb" (toms more than snare, usually); all my vocal channels get a bit of the stereo delay, and all percussion channels get quite a bit of the room reverb, so they're not so up-front in the mix. Essentially, you have different "flavors" of effects you can add to all your channels to taste via the "send" sliders (or via the effect channel mix view). So it could be useful to add BOTH a bit of delay AND room to some channels - no problem!

So with the DL16S, ALL channels can use ANY combination of the four effects slots; the effects are not allocated to channels at all.

Hope that clarifies things!

Cheers,

Torsten

Ram:
Torsten,
Thanks. That explains my question very well!
-Ram

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version