Author Topic: DL16S/32S "Offical Info from Mackie"  (Read 32677 times)

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
Re: DL16S/32S "Offical Info from Mackie"
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2019, 07:16:44 AM »
Well another month gone by. I guess we all got a trick instead of a treat. A sad state of affairs.
When in doubt KISS

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2019, 02:38:04 AM »
Well another month gone by, it's time to roast the Turkey's at Mackie. It's now been four months since the last update of demo-ware. Actually it's been more like nine months since the original Marketing B.S. about 5.1. Until Mackie finally gets their software group in order they are best selling analog mixers and speakers. It's time for their owners Transom to take a hard look at the performance of their investment. Behringer, no angel in this business may even beat Mackie to their unannounced v2.0 firmware for X-Air. They already released V4.0 for the X32 series and will bury Axis with the Wing. Mackie is only trying to keep up with what should have been the top priority several years ago while they were briefly ahead. Reminds me of V1.4 days by Mackie. Old habits die hard.
Update:
It's seems that a change in guard is underway based on job openings at Loud Audio LLC (Mackie) at the top (VP) level and in tech. Hope this will help down the road but not certainly on this issue.
Recent job openings:
Vice President Of Product Development
Vice President of Sales and Marketing
Embedded Systems (Firmware) Engineer
Digital Marketing Manager
« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 04:21:51 AM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2019, 12:44:40 AM »
Well another month bites the dust, apparently this time the head Grinch stole the code for V5.1 MF. So can we officially declare V5.1 as vaporware? I do remember Mackie stating that the release should be perfect and without issues. That of course is their understanding of software development since perfect will never happen.
When in doubt KISS

nedorama

• Padawan
    • The Toys Band Instagram page
« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2019, 07:40:37 PM »
Well another month bites the dust, apparently this time the head Grinch stole the code for V5.1 MF. So can we officially declare V5.1 as vaporware? I do remember Mackie stating that the release should be perfect and without issues. That of course is their understanding of software development since perfect will never happen.

Thinking that anything will happen the week of Christmas or next is too much. Wait for NAMM; I'm going and will be happy to talk to the folks at LOUD to see if more will be revealed or if they're demoing 5.1.
Regards,
Nedorama
DL1608

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2019, 01:35:24 AM »

Thinking that anything will happen the week of Christmas or next is too much. Wait for NAMM; I'm going and will be happy to talk to the folks at LOUD to see if more will be revealed or if they're demoing 5.1.
My concern is that BenO enticed the Mackie firmware guy to an Amazon job (opening for a firmware engineer at Mackie). This would be a real blow to Mackie and could prevent V5.1 to be released. You'll enjoy this article (play the video instead of the text) about cross-platform development on iOS/Android/macOS. Mackie probably didn't take this route (too bad).   https://academy.realm.io/posts/swift-on-android/ by Eric Wing.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2019, 07:25:03 AM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

Peebo

• Youngling
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2019, 12:53:12 AM »
I can't believe Mackie is being so quiet on the 5.1 update.
All the hype .... and endless waiting. :-\

ToH2002

• Padawan
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2020, 10:11:55 AM »
Found this on Mackie's Facebook page (posted yesterday):
Thank you for your interest in Master Fader 5.1!

While we are making progress in the beta testing phase of development, we don’t have an official release date. We are now in phase 3 of 3 in our testing, so it shouldn’t take too much longer before the public release.

If you’d like to join the beta test, you can email mfbeta@mackie.com with your mixer model and desired platforms (iOS, Android, Mac, PC).

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2020, 05:13:07 PM »
Found this on Mackie's Facebook page (posted yesterday):
Thank you for your interest in Master Fader 5.1!

While we are making progress in the beta testing phase of development, we don’t have an official release date. We are now in phase 3 of 3 in our testing, so it shouldn’t take too much longer before the public release.

If you’d like to join the beta test, you can email mfbeta@mackie.com with your mixer model and desired platforms (iOS, Android, Mac, PC).
Mackie now holds the record for the longest private Beta test in the software industry. Maybe will see it at NAMM?  ;)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2020, 05:16:08 PM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

nedorama

• Padawan
« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2020, 01:28:31 AM »
How long has it been? Seems like not that long, and in the Music industry, there are multiple companies that went over a year before delivering updates. Mackie and Loud aren't Adobe, Microsoft or even AVID, MOTU or Yamaha/Steinberg.
Regards,
Nedorama
DL1608

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2020, 03:15:55 AM »
How long has it been? Seems like not that long, and in the Music industry, there are multiple companies that went over a year before delivering updates. Mackie and Loud aren't Adobe, Microsoft or even AVID, MOTU or Yamaha/Steinberg.
The difference is stating "coming soon" vs no notice until it is available not the time between updates. Or claiming that it's in Beta test and still looking for beta testers ten months later.
When in doubt KISS

nedorama

• Padawan
« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2020, 05:33:59 PM »
That's nothing in terms of music software. URS Plugins is still claiming to be working on AAX versions of all of their RTAS plugins, and that was announced October 2011. Sonoma Wire Works took 2 years to update Drumcore. As a public company, LOUD doesn't have to tell you anything, and is also bound by the same rules other public companies are like AVID - they don't announce when updates are coming. 

We all have accepted that the update is late and when it comes, it comes, yet you seem to be personally attacked by this delay - I'm not sure why. Hope that you can work through this resentment and enjoy music making/live music.
Regards,
Nedorama
DL1608

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2020, 07:49:05 PM »
You don't seem to get it, I have long since gone past any Mackie dependence on small mixers I just don't like their business practices. As long as people like yourself are satisfied with this they will continue that practice until they're out of business. I would rather see them survive and provide competition in this field. They just need more competent staff and management some of which is happening now. It's the apathy of customers that allows some of the players to do this. Yamaha is a great example of announcement to product where you can buy the product once it's announced. Even Behringer has learned a lesson and Wing was available one month after announcement unlike Mackie, just look at the timeline I maintain here. "Soon" according to Webster is "without undue time lapse"  :)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 08:16:03 AM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

JohnMHoyt

• Knight
  • Wherever you go, there you are
    • Hot As A Pepper Party & Event Band
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2020, 05:51:59 AM »
We all have accepted that the update is late and when it comes, it comes, yet you seem to be personally attacked by this delay - I'm not sure why. Hope that you can work through this resentment and enjoy music making/live music.

You.... I like you....

8-)

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2020, 09:37:27 PM »
Now that the release of a long promised product is reality we'll see if it was all worth it. :) :) :)
When in doubt KISS

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2020, 01:43:22 AM »
Before Mackie can delete all evidence of their lies about what they are going to provide here is the link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18Ffr-_V4Ts&fbclid=IwAR2SV9FCvoQIFgw6GGqRhrNEJlFY90KRGDyAC9JJXB3VJ7xz3oRT5LbIURA
Pay attention to the screens on the PC and Mac versions. Released is quite a dumed down version for the PC and Mac. The tablet view and a full view now only the tablet view.
When in doubt KISS