Author Topic: Wynnd's Dilemma  (Read 4412 times)

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
Wynnd's Dilemma
« on: July 13, 2018, 12:24:20 AM »

"I'm a Mac guy now so I don't expect to move elsewhere.  I do own a Windows machine, but it's a tower.  The Macbook Pro I've had since 2010.  I am losing two IPADS but I have two ipads that survive MF 5.x.   I'm thinking about the D16S.  Don't want more channels but my recording mixer (Alesis Multi-Mix 16 Firewire)  is no longer supported with my macbook.  Will probably think about that for a while first.  I don't make those types of decisions quickly."

Your quote so let me help in your decision process. If you really don't want to loose your 2 iPad's to V5.1 and want to replace your Alesis Multi-Mix 16 for recording and playback then let me suggest a XR18 $600 (or a X18 if you like the DL1608 form factor $450) as a ready solution and without the wait and more features. If you don't like the B... moniker then for ~$100 - $250 more get the Midas MR18 or better yet get a Soundcraft Ui24R (~$800) depending on your budget. Replacing two iPad is about the same expense not to mention the $700 for the DL16S. To be fair although we don't have the spec sheets on the DL16S or the product, based on their intro marketing blurp I don't see any advantage to Mackie's Dl16S unless you are a Mackie Junkie.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 05:44:14 PM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

Wynnd

• Master
Re: Wynnd's Dilemma
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2018, 02:43:33 AM »
I'm comfortable with the Mackie and Master Fader 4.x  I recently got to use an X32 mixer and decided I have no interest in it.  I've been using a Presonus Studio Live mixer at a fixed system location I've worked in the past.  I'd be more likely to move that direction than Behringer.  But I really don't need anyone to try to talk me out of a mixer.  I can afford a more expensive one.  (Even 32 channels)  But I'm 65 years old and don't want more than 16 channels. 

Ampli

• Knight
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2018, 03:37:20 AM »
Im really wondering why are you always(WK) such a whining kid when it comes to mackie
What are you doing here if you dont like the produkts they make
9 of the 10 times you really only bring negativity

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2018, 04:54:01 AM »
Im really wondering why are you always(WK) such a whining kid when it comes to mackie
What are you doing here if you dont like the produkts they make
9 of the 10 times you really only bring negativity
Ampli personal attacks are not welcome on this forum. Try to also use the spell checker on this board. Perhaps you could contribute some of your positive wisdom's.
When in doubt KISS

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2018, 08:01:25 AM »
I'm comfortable with the Mackie and Master Fader 4.x  I recently got to use an X32 mixer and decided I have no interest in it.  I've been using a Presonus Studio Live mixer at a fixed system location I've worked in the past.  I'd be more likely to move that direction than Behringer.  But I really don't need anyone to try to talk me out of a mixer.  I can afford a more expensive one.  (Even 32 channels)  But I'm 65 years old and don't want more than 16 channels.
Wynnd I would never presume to convince you in or out of anything. As the post stated I only suggested a couple of ways open to you after you expressed some interest in
solving your Alesis and iPad dilemma. If you don't want any help then simply say so or don't post. Saves people from wasting their time. As to the X32 I wouldn't recommend it
and it's overkill from what I understand of your needs. The costs are not an implication that you can't afford it, a few Apple stocks would cover this.  :)  I don't get what
channel count has to do with your age, amount of equipment to drag around I understand. You've also repeatedly stated that the DL1608 would be your last mixer. Staying with the current software would certainly be a choice but doesn't address the multi-channel recording.
When in doubt KISS

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2018, 10:50:56 AM »
In the live sound business I'm a small player.  I like it that way.

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2018, 05:49:33 PM »
OK not sure what relevance that has. Here is another choice that would handle your problem since you expressed a interest in Presonus.
http://cacophony.aspinock.com/index.php?topic=1440.0
Cheers
« Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 08:59:58 PM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS