Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

EQ’ing multiple songs

(1/7) > >>

Jooles15:
I’ve created separate songs within a show all with subtley differing EQ settings. Due to room acoustics, I am expecting to want to EQ the master out channel feeding L and R during sound check for each song. Is there a very quick way of applying such a change to multiple songs? We can play 30 to 40 songs in a long set. Thanks.

dpdan:
Welcome to the forum!

you can make and recall your own EQ presets...

but why in the world would you want the mains EQ to change just because you are playing a different song?  :facepalm:
You are making things way more complicated for yourself

Jooles15:
Thanks for that, that’s useful to know. The reason I want different EQ for each song is that there are just 2 of us, I play all Guitar parts and my partner sings. We play to bass and drum backing tracks and the EQ of the backing tracks varies significantly. Having an EQ setting for each song allows me to carefully EQ the backing track and has made world of difference to the sound and balance of sound between each song.

Wynnd:
My two cents.  I really like a PA to be flat response across the audio spectrum.  Take pink noise into a channel and out to your speakers, then take a reference microphone and input into a different channel that is only going out to a separate AUX channel and RTA that channel.  Use that to EQ your output until the pink noise is coming back late then save the EQ settings with a name that tells you what it is.  While this doesn't work perfectly, it works well enough for nearly all rooms to get a good sound.  You can always use the PEQ to tailor a room to taste.

stevegarris:

--- Quote from: Jooles15 on September 18, 2018, 06:13:02 AM ---Thanks for that, that’s useful to know. The reason I want different EQ for each song is that there are just 2 of us, I play all Guitar parts and my partner sings. We play to bass and drum backing tracks and the EQ of the backing tracks varies significantly. Having an EQ setting for each song allows me to carefully EQ the backing track and has made world of difference to the sound and balance of sound between each song.

--- End quote ---

Then you need to change the EQ to your tracks channel, not the mains. When you change the mains, it will be affecting your vocal and guitar mics.

The EQ on the mains is for room acoustics. As Wynnd posted, you want the PA to be linear (or flat) across the sound spectrum.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version