Author Topic: Better way of importing into Audacity?  (Read 1791 times)

jneau

• Youngling
Better way of importing into Audacity?
« on: September 19, 2018, 11:56:18 AM »
There's gotta be a better way of importing multi-tracks than the way I do it.  Here's what I do (currently recording 24 tracks):

- open the first file which creates 24 tracks
- import the second file which creates 24 MORE tracks
- for each track imported with the second file, cut it and append it to the appropriate track from the first file, then join them

Also, why is the first track always panned hard Left and the second track panned hard left? I know how to fix it, but it's annoying.

ToH2002

• Padawan
Re: Better way of importing into Audacity?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2018, 10:44:56 PM »
Take a look at this topic: http://cacophony.aspinock.com/index.php?topic=1344.0

This tool allows you to do three things at a time

• de-multiplex your multi-track audio files into individual mono and stereo files
  • concatenate your tracks across multiple sequential source files so you have one continuous file for every track (or track pair)
  • give those individual tracks meaningful names

BTW: if you want to mix and process your tracks, there are some better alternatives available than Audacity - also for free! My top free recommendations would be Tracktion 6 and Cakewalk. These are full DAWs, whilst Audacity (to me) is still very much an audio editor, with some DAW capabilities slapped on. Doesn't mean that you can't produce good tracks on it, but on some of the other platforms, the process is far less painful...

Cheers,

Torsten