Author Topic: Master Fader 4.6.2 issue  (Read 3216 times)

Trshot

• Punster
  • Padawan
Master Fader 4.6.2 issue
« on: October 22, 2018, 07:32:58 PM »
Master fader locked up and then died using it for mon send.
I Recently Played last weekend and house sound was using a DL1608 desk.  I told the engineer I use one as well and would he mind if I tapped in to use the aux send for my drums with my in ears. During sound check I was dialing in and everything was going smoothly and suddenly it locked up.  I could hear everything I had dialed in at that point but could no longer adjust anything. The VU’s were frozen but the sliders still worked and did nothing.  I was still connected to the router according to the phone settings but the app showed I wasn’t so I decided to close the app and reopen it. When I reopened the app it only showed the master volume slider and nothing else. It wouldn’t connect to the board anymore and after several app restart attempts  I gave up. Any thoughts as to what happened?

Rick Scofield

• Padawan
Re: Master Fader 4.6.2 issue
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2018, 08:32:15 PM »
I don’t know what happened to you but I’ve had similar issues and the only thing that worked is the iPad being rebooted. Worked fine after doing that.

Trshot

• Punster
  • Padawan
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2018, 08:39:35 PM »
Ahhh, I’ve read that before and had forgotten it. I tried everything except that, thanks!!!!

JohnMHoyt

• Knight
  • Wherever you go, there you are
    • Hot As A Pepper Party & Event Band
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2018, 10:17:37 PM »
Exactly the issue I have been having with my Mackie DL32r mixers....

Rebooting the router, disconnecting the ipad and reconnecting, rebooting the iPad, all sometimes work.   I have had to shutdown the DL32R in a show before to get it to work again.

yep, everything stops responding to the iPad.  But the audio continues, except in the most severe cases... The DL32R I just replaced will lock up and the audio will work, but there is no control, no connection by ipads.
The recording stops.
The effects stop.

Reboot fixes it.

dpdan

• Dapper Dan
  • Master
    • kurysound.com
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2018, 02:00:28 AM »
Mackie is very aware of this issue that sometimes happens with 4.6.2, so,,,,, :)

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2018, 07:20:00 AM »
Well look at the bright side it's better than "white noise" to impress the customers with. Wonder how long it will take them to fix it   :).  I was so hoping that it didn't need Mackie to solve the problem.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 07:22:22 AM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS