Author Topic: DL16S/DL32S commentaries  (Read 24235 times)

Wynnd

• Master
Re: DL16S/DL32S commentaries
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2019, 05:56:51 AM »
There is no work around.  You have to have an iPad that runs iOS 10+ to run Master Fader 5.x  It's also supposed to run on later android tablets, but some have said that the Android version of Master Fader 5 is the phone version where you can only control volume.  I hope that's wrong, but I don't have an Android tablet to verify that.  I'm using a iPad mini and an iPad Pro to control the mixer.  Out of my 4 iPads, only two moved on.  I gave the iPad mini that wouldn't upgrade to my Wife.  I use the dockable iPad 2 at home, but may include it when I sell my DL1608.  (30 pin connector.)  I'm not too bothered by it because I've been using my DL1608 since 2013 and the software upgrades have improved the qualities of that mixer.  So many things that weren't in the first version of Master Fader that I worked with.  The product kept getting better and it didn't cost me one dime extra.  Keep in mind that while you need a newer iPad, you don't have to get the latest one and many used iPads would do what you need.

dpdan

• Dapper Dan
  • Master
    • kurysound.com
« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2019, 06:49:33 AM »
Reluctant Soundman,
I am so glad the tutorials were helpful.
Welcome to the forum!
Thanks!

dpdan

• Dapper Dan
  • Master
    • kurysound.com
« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2019, 06:54:11 AM »
I have found that the 9.7 inch iPad model MR7F2LL/A is wonderful and inexpensive,
while some iPads can get expensive with lots of gigabytes of memory.

About 300 bucks on B&H Photo, free shipping and no tax if you don't live in New York.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=Apple%20MR7F2LL%2FA&N=0&InitialSearch=yes&sts=ma&Top+Nav-Search=

Weogo

• Knight
« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2019, 03:20:29 PM »
Hi Wynnd,

Returns 1 & 2 can be patched with signals from any input, analog or USB, and the Oscillator.
I commonly mix with most channels double-assigned, one going to the main mix, the other used for monitors.
The two returns allow for extra double-assigns.
For me this is very handy.

Thanks and good health,  Weogo

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2019, 05:52:40 PM »
I'm just getting the hang of the patch panels.  I don't think the user manual is too clear on them, but they are nearly self explanatory.  One song one of my band wants to do may require using two of the effects channels to make work.  I'm trying to figure out how to make that work without a patch cord.  (The effects have to be added in series and not in parallel. I think)    Hadn't thought about using the patch panel to apply different sources.