Author Topic: MF4 Channel strip width  (Read 2629 times)

Jkowtko

• Padawan
MF4 Channel strip width
« on: December 15, 2018, 04:18:39 PM »
Is there a way to change the display width of the channel strips so that you can see more channels on the screen at a time?

I run 12-16 channels often and the excessive horizontal scrolling of the faders on my 9.7" screen can distracting.  The individual strips and fader buttons are wide enough that I could reduce width by up to 50% and still be okay with touch selection.  I logged and Enh Req on the Mackie Ideas page for this -- would be great to have a sizing option on the View Assign screen that lets you pick from a few display widths, so that I could cram a more channels into my 9.7" screen display.

The 9.7" screen currently displays 8+LR, I think on the large screen Pro displays 12+LR ... but I noticed that on a Mini it's also 8+LR but with shrunken image size.  if they are okay with a reduced image size on the mini, then they should be okay with using that same size on the 9.7 but showing more channels, no?

Until a new feature is added to MF, is there a way to affect this today? 

Thanks.  John

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
Re: MF4 Channel strip width
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2018, 06:39:18 PM »
I think you'll have to wait for V5.1 if you're talking about your DL1608. What ever happened to your QPac?
When in doubt KISS

ToH2002

• Padawan
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2018, 07:11:22 PM »
Is there a way to change the display width of the channel strips so that you can see more channels on the screen at a time?

I run 12-16 channels often and the excessive horizontal scrolling of the faders on my 9.7" screen can distracting. 

Unfortunately, no way to change the size of the channel strip. My usual way to deal with the number of channels (we usually run 20 channels) is to use VCAs and view groups - our standard mixing view is mainly VCA faders for drums, guitars, keys, vocals, with single channels only for bass and lead guitar (to boost a solo now and then, if needed).  Makes six faders for the main view. Then, there is a "drums" view with only the 8 drums channels, etc...

I find that switching views is usually quicker and more predictable than wild scrolling.

Cheers,

Torsten

dpdan

• Dapper Dan
  • Master
    • kurysound.com
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2018, 11:54:03 PM »
I know this is not a fix for the original request, but when I mix a lot of mics like an (orchestra) and need to get to individual faders quickly,
I use a second iPad.

That of course is not practical if you are roaming around the venue.
Dan 

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2018, 05:01:49 AM »
I also run two or more iPads on different view groups.  I have nightmares of trying to use only two iPads on the 32 channel version.