Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

iOS DL16S experience

(1/16) > >>

Wynnd:
Just got my DL16S.  Currently updating the firmware and have put a timer on it as the "progress Bar" seems to not be progressing.  (Not even initially.)  I'm going to report my experience as things go alone for a while.  I've got a gig in a week and would like to use this.  Yes, I will be bringing a back up mixer as is my habit.  (Can't remember the last time I've had any type of mixer failure out of 50 years of gigging.)  I'm also going to be providing sound for the speeches at the end of the Martin Luther King Jr Marade.  (March + Parade = Marade)  I haven't decided if I'm going to rack mount it.  (I usually do.) Anyway, feel free to follow me on this journey.

Wynnd:
I updated the firmware, but I had to use the abort button as my tablet switched back to my home network.  After reconnecting to the DL16S, I was given the chance to update and this time, keeping my tablet close to the mixer, it updated just fine, but as soon as it rebooted, my iPad reconnected to my home network.  Anyway, reconnecting to the DL16S allowed a full finish.  I'm looking forward to being able to do this through my MacBook Pro via network cable.  (If that ever becomes an option.)   I'm going to review the known bugs as I'm seeing some and don't yet know if they are known yet.

WK154:
Good luck on your new mixer. If you would rename the title to iOS DL16S experience it would be great and everyone using iPad's would be able to post and  find solutions to their problems here and share in your experiences. I'm about to deal with the Android (offline) experiences in a separate post.
Cheers

Wynnd:
Good idea.  Thanks.

I have two iPads that survive to Master Fader 5.x   One is a iPad mini and the other is a fairly new 10.25" iPad Pro.  I also have an iPhone 6CE, but not likely to use it for the mixer much.  (Software is installed.)  Maybe loan it to one of my bandmates for monitor duties.  I will be asking my Android bandmates to install MF 5.  Mostly they are scared of touching the PA.  That is probably a good thing.  We shall see.

Wynnd:
I've been using Master Fader since 2013.  Love the improvements.  Use VCAs all the time.  Rarely use Groups.  I do use View Groups.  Rarely use Mute Groups.  So I wasn't expecting much to learn now.  The Ocillator threw me.  Sure I have one in my phone and I have the adapter cables to connect it.  Was looking forward to using the built in one.  Bit of a learning curve there and at least now I get it.  One of my bands wants to do "Won't Get Fooled Again" and it looks to me like the effects combined just might pull that sound off.  Now I'm wondering if I can use the patch panel from one effect to the next effect.  (Song requires two effects that weren't available before.) If I can make this work, I will report exactly how I did it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version