Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

dl1608 recording question

(1/1)

iwerica:
hy people.
I looked at my dl1608 recording configuration (ipad record patching), and it is assigned to Main L/R Pre Fader. Next option is Main L/R.
Can someone explain me diferences?

Artaudio:
Well if I’m not mistaken, L&R Pre Fader is usually the best selection for recording a board mix. The reason for that is if you change the output level of your PA a fair bit, it won’t affect your recording as the signal is being taken before the L&R Fader control. If you want to be able to fade in or out your mix going to your iPad. Then select post L&R. Just remember that when you move your L&R Fader it also lowers then signal going to the output jacks to your PA system.

NB. If you choose to use PreFader, it is like you have set your L&R Fader to unity (0dB) on your mixer and it is locked in that position just for the iPad and not for the L&R outputs on the unit.

Hope that helps.

Cheers
Al T

Weogo:

If you have a couple Auxes open, say Auxs 5 &6, another option is to send these to the recording and mix the recording in real time.
Ideally a second person is doing the recording mix, and has some high-isolation headphones.

RoadRanger:
High isolation headphones don't cut the sub frequencies much - my experience with trying to mix on them live was a recording that was shy on low end :(

Weogo:
Hi RR,

Agreed!

Thanks and good health,  Weogo

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version