Author Topic: dc16/dl32r/MF app-- Deleting recordings in MF app  (Read 4082 times)

bradp015

• Youngling
dc16/dl32r/MF app-- Deleting recordings in MF app
« on: October 05, 2018, 12:04:43 AM »
Hi!
So Ive been trying to erase multi track recordings in the MF app. I cannot seem to find anything in the app to allow deletion of "songs" recorded from a live show. Recording works fine.

thots?

thx
brad p

SteveB

• Youngling
Re: dc16/dl32r/MF app-- Deleting recordings in MF app
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2018, 08:21:58 AM »
The only way I've found is to connect the drive to a computer and delete that way.

dpdan

• Dapper Dan
  • Master
    • kurysound.com
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2018, 10:39:19 PM »
currently, the only way to delete recordings is to format the drive but of course that deletes all the recordings.

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2018, 12:03:27 AM »
currently, the only way to delete recordings is to format the drive but of course that deletes all the recordings.
I thought that this was a standard USB connected FAT32 drive and files should be able to be added and deleted at will with, as bradp015 stated, a computer that understands FAT32. The only question would be is it's a real FAT32 drive or a Microsoft crippled version from a capacity point of view.
When in doubt KISS

dpdan

• Dapper Dan
  • Master
    • kurysound.com
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2018, 02:40:27 AM »
I should have been more clear, using only the mixer, the only way is to format the drive.
With an Apple computer, simply connect the drive to a USB port, then delete the songs of your choice.
Reconnect the drive to the mixer and all is well.

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2018, 06:24:55 PM »
Not owning a DL32 I never payed much attention to the well written manual (Mackie has always been great with their manuals) on DL32R recording and playback. Apparently there is no delete song function in MF as in the DL1608 version and of course all sampling rates are at 48k unlike the DL1608 which includes 44.1k. Then also the max file size dropped to 2GB as opposed to 4GB. This leads me to believe that the volume size is limited to 32GB (Microsoft imposed on their format after W98) instead of the original 2TB, something that you can verify. Limits on some things such as volume and file size are missing from Mackie's specs.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 06:39:08 PM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

ToH2002

• Padawan
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2018, 11:19:44 PM »
This leads me to believe that the volume size is limited to 32GB (Microsoft imposed on their format after W98) instead of the original 2TB, something that you can verify. Limits on some things such as volume and file size are missing from Mackie's specs.

No 32GB limit on the DL32R - I've got a 1 TB hard drive attached, formatted on the DL32R, which works nicely. Currently about 100 GB occupied, so definitely more than 32.

And yes, I haven't found a function to delete individual songs in Master Fader - not much of an issue for me, since I routinely move my tracks to my PC to edit / mix. I also prepare some multichannel wave files on my PC to use for sound checks and move them onto the USB drive - works nicely as long as you don't mess up the file naming convention.

Must admit, I haven't used the disk recording function a lot recently, since direct ASIO recording to REAPER or Tracks Live is far more convenient in the studio / rehearsal room. But for capturing a live gig, the capability to easily record to a USB drive (I use a 250 GB Sandisk SSD drive, so no issues with vibrations on stage) is just great. No need to drag along a recording laptop - simply plug in the drive and don't forget to start the recording...

Cheers,

Torsten
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 11:22:49 PM by ToH2002 »

stixxstevedo

• Initiate
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2019, 12:36:10 AM »
Is that 250gb SSD USB powered or external? Been having problems with USB powered drives with the audio being garbled and skipping.

dpdan

• Dapper Dan
  • Master
    • kurysound.com
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2019, 03:25:50 AM »
Hi Stixx,
I switched to an SSD because my DL32R was sitting behind one of my subs and the low end vibration caused the SATA drive to skip uncontrollably.
No problems with my SanDisk SSD model Extreme 500 which is 240 GB and USB3.