Author Topic: Dual Dl32r Config as Dante 64ch audio interface?  (Read 2642 times)

Joelbrave

• Initiate
Dual Dl32r Config as Dante 64ch audio interface?
« on: January 30, 2019, 09:37:12 AM »
I have two dl32r mixers configured with Dante used as a 64 channel daw interface. I’m trying to understand how to route Dante effectively in this situation. Ideally I would like to have the L/R output and XLR out 13/14 both outputting bus 1/2 from the DAW mixer, with L/R going to the monitors and 13/14 going to the subwoofer(so I can easily mute the sub by disconnecting it). I can do this in the Output section by putting Dante 1/2 to L/R and also to 13/14 but the signal bypasses the Dl32r fader and goes right to speakers meaning a great danger of full volume sound (and logic volume is per project). I can rout via input B page Dante 1 and 2 to return 1/2 and for some reason I can’t fathom, this goes to L/R... which is good even if I don’t understand it... but is there a way to send L/R output to 13/14 also in this case or another way to do this?

Thanks,

Joel

dpdan

• Dapper Dan
  • Master
    • kurysound.com
Re: Dual Dl32r Config as Dante 64ch audio interface?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2019, 05:27:33 PM »
Hi Joel,
I assume you have already purchased and are using Dante Virtual Soundcard and Dante Controller on your Mac to route these things?

https://www.audinate.com/products/software/dante-controller

« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 06:14:05 PM by dpdan »

Joelbrave

• Initiate
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2019, 07:20:11 AM »
Yes, you assume correctly :-)

dpdan

• Dapper Dan
  • Master
    • kurysound.com
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2019, 05:03:27 AM »
Joel you have a personal message.
I am trying to comprehend what you are wanting to do.

I think you have no problem getting 64 channels of audio into the XLR inputs of both DL32Rs and routed to individual mono inputs in Logic.
I think you are trying to get a stereo bus from Logic (bus 1-2) to feed the DL32R's Main L/R master fader,.... but that is impossible because the master fader does not have an input.
If you want to use the DL32R's Main L/R master fader to control a stereo bus from Logic, then that stereo bus from Logic must be routed to a pair of inputs on the DL32R via Dante so that it can be turned up into the DL32R's Main L/R master.

Did that make sense?
I suggest routing Logic's bus 1-2 to stereo return 1-2 of the DL32R, then that can be turned up and controlled by the Main L/R master fader which of course can be routed to XLR 13-14 out.
You can also route that same stereo bus from Logic into stereo return 3-4 of the same DL32R and it would be routed to a second pair of XLR outputs to feed the subs.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 07:55:47 AM by dpdan »

dpdan

• Dapper Dan
  • Master
    • kurysound.com
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2019, 05:43:34 PM »
I guess Joel figured it out