Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

DL32r or Router locks up in busy areas

(1/8) > >>

musicman7722:
Friends

I have an issue with my iPad occasionally  locking up on me.  Here is the situation.  I have mixed in two venues where I feel the amount of phone traffic is eating up all the possible bandwidth.  One was a large outside beach concert at Hampton Beach in Hampton NH and the other at a large beer festival in an ice hockey rink in Portland Maine.  I have mixed at the beach gigs 3 times and on each occasion it would lock up.

I am using a DL32r and have two differed iPads.  When this happens I go back to the board and eventually the connection resumes. 

Once at the ice hockey gig I did reboot the DL32r.

I have the router setup as it's own private network with password and it is not capable of on getting online.

The router is a standard off the shelf DLink and I am running it on the 5gz band.

I can't recall this ever happening in my basic sound gigs at clubs or party's.

Should I up the quality of my router or do I possibly need an external antenna, or none of the above??

TY as always

Chris

Wynnd:
How many people at these events?  More than 5000?  I had about 6000 at the MLK March a few weeks ago with no issues using an Airport Express II on 5 Ghz.  (DL16S)  I was up to 125 feet from the router.  It does sound like you're doing everything right to me.  5Ghz does have less range than 2.4Ghz, but I'm sure you know that already.  A better router will never hurt you, but it also might not help you and I hate spending money without a reason.  (Though routers are pretty cheap.)

musicman7722:
Thank you for your reply.

I would say less than 5000.  I wasn't aware of the distance limitation between both bands but even standing next to the DL32 wouldn't bring the connection back right away.

WK154:
It helps to have the specific model numbers of both the iPad and the WiFi router. That way I can make a reasonable guess about your problem. iPads are really not the best WiFi tools and Dlink must have at least 50 different routers by now. You should at least have a WiFi analyzer to survive in a large venue. Here is one I would recommend.
http://nutsaboutnets.com/wifimetrix-product-info/

Wynnd:
Agreed.  I noticed years ago that the iPad isn't as sensitive as my MacBook Pro at a restaurant we frequent.  On the patio, the MacBook works just fine and   the iPad rarely can connect.  Seems to be a very large difference.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version