Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Master Fader 5.1 and the DL806/1608 challenge

(1/3) > >>

Boatman:
Was looking at my DL series mixer and noted a problem with predicted compatibility challenges. The platform for running the DL806/1608 mixer employs only 3 sizes of iPad (4th generation, iPad mini and iPad Air). However, the MF 5 series requires IOS 11.0 or better, making the iPad generations prior to generation 6 unable to perform despite their function using MF 4.6.
The iPad 2018 series matched the iPad Air for physical size (not the Air2) so it seems only the latest versions of iPad which match the Ipad Air platform will operate directly on the mixer.
Will MF5.1 be tweaked for the 32bit machines or will only one type of iPad be suitable?
If so, then be sure to get an iPad Air platform, since the gen4 platform will be useless.
Am I missing something?

Wynnd:
I think you have the latest iOS that fits wrong.  I have an iPad mini that doesn't have fingerprint recognition and it's running iOS 12.x just fine.  It's also running MF 5.0.1 just fine as a back up to my iPad pro.

Boatman:
The mini ,like the iPad, is dependent upon version as to whether or not it will accept IOS 11 or 12. The problem for the iPad is the size mismatch with changes to the iPad model and the two fixed platform dimensions available on the mixer. It does not accept Air2 on the available platforms and the original platform fits Generation 4 and 3 only. IOS 11 and higher work only on iPad Air and later. Thus only iPad Air and the current iPad will fit the available platform.

Wynnd:
Getting tired of bad information.  Here is a link to Apple's own list of every iOS device that can run iOS 11 (And probably 12 too.)   https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT209574

Boatman:
With respect, you miss my point. The DL806/1608 mechanical platform was originally created to house iPad generation 3 machines. When the lightening connector was added, it permitted the addition of Generation 4 to be connected directly to the mixer. NEITHER of these platforms support later generations of the iPad, so Mackie created both a mini iPad platform and an iPad Air platform.
When it comes to iPad platform connections, NONE of them support the Air2. So the DL806/1608 can house directly on its mixer only the iPad Air and the latest generation iPad (both have sem dimensions). My observations had nothing to do with remote managment of the DL806/1608, but for those situations where there are two to three players, having an onboard iPad simplifies things considerably.
Back to lurking....
By the way, I have the same list as you have posted.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version