Author Topic: So what's happening with Mackie MF5 and DL32R these days?  (Read 10702 times)

Ampli

• Knight
Re: So what's happening with Mackie MF5 and DL32R these days?
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2019, 07:32:33 AM »
I have an answer for you guys that don't want to have to mute the mains and break music when you want to use IEM's to go over some music without it being heard in the mains.

On all of your IEM mixes, it is likely that you already have them set as PRE-FADER, and that's good. In that same small window that is just above the MUTE button for each mix output, there is an option to "Use LR Mute". Uncheck that. Each musician now has their own input channel MUTES which are now labeled AUX MUTE instead of MUTE. The FOH person would indeed mute the live mics and instrument channels with a mute master for convenience, but because each IEM is PRE-FADER, and is not controlled by the FOH mutes, Master Fader can do what you are wishing for. One drawback to this setup is that now the FOH person is no longer in charge of the mutes for IEMs. However.... he or she could setup a VCA that could have all IEM mix masters assigned to it, then when the FOH person hits mute on the "IEM" VCA,.... everyone's IEM gets muted.

Lot's of options   :)   

Are you speaking about Behringer

No the mackie

musicman7722

• Knight
    • Triple Play
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2019, 03:59:40 PM »
Thank you but I was referring to the Behringer mixers which don't have that feature.

dpdan

• Dapper Dan
  • Master
    • kurysound.com
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2019, 05:54:47 PM »
oh well Beh****

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2019, 07:43:00 PM »
Thank you but I was referring to the Behringer mixers which don't have that feature.
oh well "here we go again" comparing Apples and Oranges. A $2000 Mackie (DL32R) to a $500 Behringer (XR18), REALLY. There is such a thing as using the right tools for the job. Try any of the multitude of gear combinations of Behringers X32's for the same price. Who for that matter throws in a practice session while playing break music during a paid Gig!! Am I reading this right?
When in doubt KISS

dpdan

• Dapper Dan
  • Master
    • kurysound.com
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2019, 10:46:15 PM »
you do not have to buy a two thousand dollar DL32R to have this feature. And who paid two grand for one anyway.
This "AUX MUTE" feature I referenced works on all DL mixers, even the cheapest old one.

Having that ability is nice, but I agree WK, if the band is on break they should not be on the stage going over arrangements.

I will use this opportunity to point out a common occurrence here...
It is typical for me to get my panties in a wad when somebody "here" starts bitching about Mackie this and that,
it is also very predictable that you get your panties in a wad when someone has something bad to say about Behringer.

Fair game

TAG!
you're it

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2019, 11:48:34 PM »
Dan I'm trying to walk a fine line here which usually means I'm Damned if I do and Damned if I don't, but the readers should get info that's repeatable and based on facts not marketing BS. I did just buy a low end Mackie Thump12BST for a chorus for one person to load in and out of a car and be simple enough to operate for the technically challenged. Yes I also bought them a 2018 iPad since they are mostly Apple users  :( . The prices mentioned above are close to MAP and certainly you can get it for less.

P.S. I also didn't pay Map for any of the gear and never will.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 05:15:09 AM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

musicman7722

• Knight
    • Triple Play
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2019, 02:30:57 PM »
When I purchased the Behringer Mixer I was using a DL1608 so back to ya.