Author Topic: adding break music  (Read 2611 times)

Trshot

• Punster
  • Padawan
adding break music
« on: April 15, 2019, 09:31:55 PM »
 I'm new to using Mac PC's and I'm trying to move Itunes playlists onto an external hard drive to use for break music on the Dl32R, can anyone help walk me through it, thanks.

dpdan

• Dapper Dan
  • Master
    • kurysound.com
Re: adding break music
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2019, 02:01:02 AM »
Hi, in short, you can not create a playlist in iTunes and move that playlist to another drive and play it without iTunes.

If all you want to do is have break music here is what I suggest.

In iTunes, highlight all the songs that you want in a playlist, then from iTunes "File" menu choose "Convert", then click "Create MP3 version".
For each song that is created, the MP3 version will be sitting just below the original song.

Then, create a new folder on the desktop (shift/command/N) name this folder,.... which is easy because it is already highlighted ready to name.
Command-click to highlight the new MP3 versions of all the songs that you want in your new playlist, then drag them to the newly named folder.

Once you have all of your songs in separate folders, (if that is your desire) then you can put them in one of many apps that can play your music.
I simply use iTunes on an old phone that no longer has any cell service. It is so much easier that way.

You should also go back to iTunes, and highlight those MP3s that you created and delete them.

If you are familiar with any DAW software (digital audio workstation) like Pro Tools, Digital Performer, Logic or any other ones for that matter, you can do what I did and create four one hour long songs. Each "song" is really an hour of songs back to back. When the gig starts, I start playing the "BREAK" music, and leave it muted and turned all the way down. As soon as the band goes on break, instantly unmute and ramp up the fader and you have non-stop music. 

« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 02:14:21 AM by dpdan »

dpdan

• Dapper Dan
  • Master
    • kurysound.com
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2019, 06:13:59 PM »
I guess Trshot figured it out on his own

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2019, 08:23:00 PM »
If your looking for feedback, good luck. That's why charity work requires a thick skin.  :(
When in doubt KISS

dpdan

• Dapper Dan
  • Master
    • kurysound.com
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2019, 03:05:34 AM »
my skin is thick enough