Author Topic: Master Fader 5.1 Beta Program  (Read 8107 times)

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
Master Fader 5.1 Beta Program
« on: May 15, 2019, 08:06:34 PM »
Back in January this program was announced to start in April but finally in May signup was provided with a promise that "SOON" we would be able to download the Beta. Of course SOON was not defined  ;D . Has anyone that signed up for this received any link to download the Beta?
When in doubt KISS

Wynnd

• Master
Re: Master Fader 5.1 Beta Program
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2019, 07:44:29 PM »
They only replied that they had received my request to be on the beta program.  I'm looking for an e-mail with links but haven't seen one yet.

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2019, 07:49:03 PM »
Whenever the program does actually start, I would like to know if a touch screen on a computer will also be accepted as input.  Would hate to do all the computer control with only a mouse or touch pad.  But all that real estate is tempting.  I priced touch screen monitors the other day and they're reasonable.  (At least as long as tariffs don't affect them.)

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2019, 11:12:48 PM »
Today I received their paperwork for the Beta Program. Yes I signed up for it hoping that they would have come to their senses a while ago. They haven't. If your foolish enough to agree to their NDA then good luck. I will tell them to use it where the sun don't shine. Obviously I'm not in their Beta Program once I read the terms. Would you sign this BS?
"The  restrictions  and  obligations  contained  in this  Agreement shall  survive  the  expiration, termination or cancellation of this Agreement, and shall continue to bind Tester, its successors, heirs and assigns" time for Mackie to change counsel.
When in doubt KISS

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2019, 12:11:10 AM »
I understand not going public while in Beta testing.  Doesn't make sense when the product is released.  I'm assuming one could after Beta testing, talk about the released product without any penalty.  I would be hard pressed to not talk about the final and released product. (with and without Beta testing.)  I can keep quiet about what the Beta testing reveals.  But your concerns will have me reading the agreement in depth.

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2019, 03:25:46 PM »
Not even M$ would require NDA's for their MSDN and Technet programs which this Beta program should be. A professionally written NDA would have provisions for exclusions, for example:

"2.  Exclusions from Confidential Information. The obligation of confidentiality with respect to Confidential Information will not apply to any information:

a.       If the information is or becomes publicly known and available other than as a result of prior unauthorized disclosure by Receiving Party or any of its Representatives;
b.      If the information is or was received by Receiving Party from a third party source which, to the best knowledge of Receiving Party or its Representatives, is or was not under a confidentiality obligation to Disclosing Party with regard to such information;
c.       If the information is disclosed by Receiving Party with the Disclosing Party’s prior written permission and approval; "
         .... etc.
If MF is not known to the general public along with it's claimed improvements then I don't know what is. Its not that they will provide you with the code or other vital information. Like I stated they need to hire someone that knows what their doing and fix nonsense like this. To be honest I didn't expect anything better out of Mackie lately.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 03:39:42 PM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

Harpman

• Knight
  • “If music be the food of love, play on"
    • Stefani Entertainment
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2019, 12:46:00 PM »
Sorry, sold my Mackle a long time ago and never looked back. Went with the Midas M32 although they have the MR18 for those who don’t need the extra channels

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Gio Stefani
Stefani Entertainment
"We Bring Good Music to Life"

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2019, 03:05:03 PM »
Hey Gio PM me with the phone # I can reach you at.
When in doubt KISS

JohnMHoyt

• Knight
  • Wherever you go, there you are
    • Hot As A Pepper Party & Event Band
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2019, 09:37:53 PM »
I put my name in for the beta program but didn't even get a confirmation email....  I've been alpha/beta tester on so many projects in the past, NDAs don't scare me, and I've had some doozies.
Mackie is NOT the only one to demand you *never* discuss anything from the beta program - one wouldn't let us discuss even after the product was no longer sold. Even if the company went out of business. =)

Wonder how I could find out if they received my request?

dpdan

• Dapper Dan
  • Master
    • kurysound.com
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2019, 09:41:14 PM »
I will see if I can check for you ;)