Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Brand New User - Can Not Sync DL165S to Android

(1/2) > >>

johnbutler:
Greetings,
       I have been working for days and days to figure this out.

Even with Mackie tech support phone help I am unable to get this product to work--keeps indicating I need a firmware update.

Can someone please help--or provide instructions (a link--ANYTHING!!) that actually gets me synchronized and one my way?????

(Otherwise this goes back to the store.)

Thanks in advance,
JB

Wynnd:
I have the same mixer and when i got it, I went to sync via the built in WiFi.  I was at home and when it started, it kicked me off the internal WiFi and my iPad switched over to my home WiFi. (Something that it took about 15 minutes for me to notice)  I aborted, reconnected to the mixer's wifi and continued the firmware update.  It has gotten easier being that I now run an external WiFi and that doesn't reboot with the mixer.  You don't have that option yet. I've had to upgrade my MF 5.0 twice now with the required firmware update too.  If this doesn't help you, you might have a bad mixer.  Also, some of these mixers have wimpy WiFi and mine was one.  If you're in a heavy 2.4 Ghz area, it might have problems staying connected.  (Primary reason I went with an external dual band Airport Express that I've had for years.)

dpdan:

--- Quote from: johnbutler on May 28, 2019, 08:30:51 PM ---
       Even with Mackie tech support phone help I am unable to get this product to work--keeps indicating I need a firmware update.

--- End quote ---

first question for you...
did you do the firmware update and wait for it to finish?

Wynnd:
What android device are you using and which version of Android are you running?  This might not be making any difference, but humor me anyway.

johnbutler:
Using LECTRUS Tablet
Model: LECT-TAB1011.2960

I do not think it wise for me to continue down the path of trying to get this product to work.  I am still unsuccessful at getting a firmware update even after being provided specific instructions from Mackie Tech Support and furthermore, the technical documentation (PDF) is no help either.

Thanks for your feedback.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version