Author Topic: Brand New User - Can Not Sync DL165S to Android  (Read 2607 times)

johnbutler

• Initiate
Brand New User - Can Not Sync DL165S to Android
« on: May 28, 2019, 08:30:51 PM »
Greetings,
       I have been working for days and days to figure this out.

Even with Mackie tech support phone help I am unable to get this product to work--keeps indicating I need a firmware update.

Can someone please help--or provide instructions (a link--ANYTHING!!) that actually gets me synchronized and one my way?????

(Otherwise this goes back to the store.)

Thanks in advance,
JB

Wynnd

• Master
Re: Brand New User - Can Not Sync DL165S to Android
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2019, 04:17:35 AM »
I have the same mixer and when i got it, I went to sync via the built in WiFi.  I was at home and when it started, it kicked me off the internal WiFi and my iPad switched over to my home WiFi. (Something that it took about 15 minutes for me to notice)  I aborted, reconnected to the mixer's wifi and continued the firmware update.  It has gotten easier being that I now run an external WiFi and that doesn't reboot with the mixer.  You don't have that option yet. I've had to upgrade my MF 5.0 twice now with the required firmware update too.  If this doesn't help you, you might have a bad mixer.  Also, some of these mixers have wimpy WiFi and mine was one.  If you're in a heavy 2.4 Ghz area, it might have problems staying connected.  (Primary reason I went with an external dual band Airport Express that I've had for years.)

dpdan

• Dapper Dan
  • Master
    • kurysound.com
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2019, 09:06:17 PM »

Even with Mackie tech support phone help I am unable to get this product to work--keeps indicating I need a firmware update.

first question for you...
did you do the firmware update and wait for it to finish?

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2019, 01:30:33 AM »
What android device are you using and which version of Android are you running?  This might not be making any difference, but humor me anyway.

johnbutler

• Initiate
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2019, 11:20:24 PM »
Using LECTRUS Tablet
Model: LECT-TAB1011.2960

I do not think it wise for me to continue down the path of trying to get this product to work.  I am still unsuccessful at getting a firmware update even after being provided specific instructions from Mackie Tech Support and furthermore, the technical documentation (PDF) is no help either.

Thanks for your feedback.

dpdan

• Dapper Dan
  • Master
    • kurysound.com
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2019, 11:45:41 PM »
I may have discovered your problem.
The LECTRUS Tablet even though it is referred to as a tablet, it is a phone according to info I read about it.
An iPhone for instance can NOT be used to update firmware or control all functionality on any DL mixer and in fact, when you are running Master Fader on a device that it recognizes as a phone it will open a version of Master Fader that is significantly smaller in footprint as well as functionality.

So, before you give up on a wonderful piece of equipment, I would suggest using a tablet that is a known "compatible" device.
If you are an Apple hater, then perhaps you should return it. 
« Last Edit: May 30, 2019, 11:47:39 PM by dpdan »