Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Hacking the Dock Connector on the DL1608

(1/3) > >>

cgecastro:
Hello everyone!
Is there a way to use the dock conector audio inputs without having a device pluged in?
The idea would be to use the inputs as 2 extra line level channels.
Don't know if the audio is played back digitaly via USB or if it is analog?
If it's analog it migh be simply the case of making a couple of holes and pigybacking a couple of RCA plugs or a minijack
Does anyone have any ideas before I start dissasembling my DL1608?

Wynnd:
My idea is this won't be as easy or cheap as you think it might be.   I'd be looking around for a DL806 cheap instead.  Then you will have 23 available channels. 

WK154:
The wired connection audio is digital send via "secret sauce" according to BenO. Time to move to something bigger and not necessarily Mackie.

cgecastro:
Well back to this...
Audio is digital but the "sauce" can not be great because when you plug the ipad to the DL1608 the iPad "reads" the DL1608 as a USB audio interface.

My guess is:
The ipad uses generic USB Audio Interface drivers to input and output audio when it connects to the DL so the DL has to present itself as a USB Audio Interface
The audio is USB audio the "sauce" I think is only for the control part.
Once you plug the ipad to the DL the dl signals the ipad to switch to USB host mode, as would happen when you connect a Camera Connection Kit

I am now trying to connect my mac to the DL to see if it detect the DL as a audio interface.

WK154:
So what is your results? I tried that with a PC a long time ago and it detected nothing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version