Author Topic: iPadOS 13  (Read 11437 times)

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
Re: iPadOS 13
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2019, 03:26:52 PM »
Not to worry John, Wynnd is just protecting his Apple investment, wouldn't want it taking a nose dive  :). I run Android apps on my PC via Bluestacks 4 including Mackie's Connect (app for Reach and early Freeplay). They have since lost the programmers that made that happen. The current Thump Connect and MF5.0 fail under Bluestacks 4. The Behringer/Midas Air series and X32/M32 work just fine. I had X-air (Android version) and X-Air PC version running on the same PC controlling the mixer without issues. To bad Mackie doesn't have that talent.
When in doubt KISS

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2019, 01:48:19 PM »
I doubt that people moving to Android will cut my stock value much.  And my Wife has a Pixel Phone. And my iPhone is a 6CE that I'm quite happy with.  (And my MacBook Pro was bought in 2010.)

He's right about programming skills.  You don't get great skills cheap.  Highly skilled programmers will cost you a lot more per hour, but usually they work so much faster with fewer bugs that the end result is still a better use of money.

Also waiting for MF 5.1 release.

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2020, 09:14:43 AM »
Mf5 runs terrific on several different hundred dollar tablets and assorted Android phones.

No lag, no problems. 
So unless they really screw up something in 5.1, it should be a great user experience.
Well they apparently have screwed up something in MF V5.02 and AFAIKT they only allow 64 Bit ARM CPU's to load and run MF 5.02.  :(  Behringers apps all run on these ARM V7 as do earlier Mackie apps. So much for the current Android team that can't seem to get it right. It obviously did not occur to them that restrictions such as these would be helpful to their customers in selecting a control surface.  ;D.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2020, 04:22:51 PM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

JohnMHoyt

• Knight
  • Wherever you go, there you are
    • Hot As A Pepper Party & Event Band
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2020, 01:35:52 PM »
We get it...  You're a negative guy down on Mackie and OSes other than your favorite.

Meanwhile, we continue to do our work and hope for the best.... Happy New Year

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2020, 05:03:49 PM »
John, bad day at the office or just a bad gig? I don't have a favorite OS other than the ones that work and not hinder me. What's with the "We" that should be a "I"? Yes the facts have way to expose believe systems. I for one don't like being lied to just to gain a competitive advantage. I've been on both sides for many decades and the concept of respect and your word seems to be endangered as the business strategy seems to migrate to "there's a fool born every minute". The  innuendo "negative" belongs on a social media site, professionals prove opinions with facts.
Cheers 
When in doubt KISS

JohnMHoyt

• Knight
« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2020, 06:58:33 PM »
It's just that as I look over this thread, I see a bunch of negative replies...   We all get it... Everyone who reads it.

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2020, 11:52:18 PM »
Well John you're the only one using words like "hating" and then you complain about Apple's high prices and broken equipment. Sounds like the pot calling the kettle black. I would also remind you that this is about facts so I suggest you stay away from making this PERSONAL. Do you have any facts to contribute?
To quote another member here rolandvg99 :
"Incredible how people take criticism against their preferred gear as a personal assault. Generation easily violated are hard at play."
« Last Edit: January 03, 2020, 12:24:01 AM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

JohnMHoyt

• Knight
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2020, 12:21:57 AM »
It's a fact that you've spent a lot time being unhappy.   Maybe 2020 will be better for you

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2020, 12:25:38 AM »
It's a fact that you've spent a lot time being unhappy.   Maybe 2020 will be better for you
That's your fact of contribution? Sad :( Go to Facebook or Twitter if that's all you have.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2020, 12:28:57 AM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

JohnMHoyt

• Knight
« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2020, 12:31:58 AM »
Best wishes for a happy 2020