Author Topic: Reverting to mf3?  (Read 2286 times)

K-Dubber

Reverting to mf3?
« on: October 27, 2019, 10:14:07 PM »
Is this now impossible, to revert back to mf3 from mf4? I’m using a dl1608 and when I open mf3 it just says there’s a firmware mismatch.

dpdan

• Dapper Dan
  • Master
    • kurysound.com
Re: Reverting to mf3?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2019, 11:32:39 PM »
it sounds like you already have Master Fader 3 installed on your DL1608.
It sounds like the DL1608 is letting you know that there is a Firmware Mismatch and needs to be updated, choose "YES Update".

To do this....
1. Turn OFF the power switch of the DL1608.
2. Use something like a straightened paper clip,... and gently push it into the tiny hole on the back of the DL1608, which is next to the Ethernet port,....
hold it in.... while you turn on the DL1608 power switch, continue to hold the paper clip in for about ten seconds after you turn it on.
It will take some time, so be patient. After the update is finished, turn the power of the DL1608 off, then back on.
When you recall one of your Master Fader 3 shows, everything should be fine.

Many people are confused and wonder how the DL mixer is able to update (or change) the firmware when it isn't connected to the internet.... HOW DID IT DO THAT?
When you downloaded Master Fader 3 from the App store, it also contained the firmware for that version of Master Fader and when the DL mixer is turned on and is not able to communicate with the iPad, it requests the firmware update.   
« Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 11:39:51 PM by dpdan »

K-Dubber

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2019, 11:52:38 PM »
Thanks for your reply and info. I’m not actually getting an option to “choose yes to update”, it’s just saying there’s a firmware mismatch and then it directs me to the App Store.

I was presuming this is because mf3 isn’t supported anymore, and my mixer is running the mf4 firmware.

I’m mainly wanting to go back to mf3 because ever since I’ve been running mf4 I’ve had problems with the grow & glow not working properly on the channel faders. It often takes several attempts to be able to make any level adjustments which isn’t ideal.

I never had an issue with this on mf3 and I presume mf5 isn’t yet available for dl1608.

Ill try the firmware update button as you suggest. Thanks!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 12:09:05 AM by K-Dubber »

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2019, 02:58:57 AM »
You also might have a corrupted version of MF 4.  Sometimes an app gets corrupted and needs to be deleted and reinstalled.  I've never had a problem with MF 4.  But no matter, what ever version you want to run is installed exactly the same way dpdan gave you.  Good luck.  I really like these mixers and Master Fader. 

K-Dubber

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2019, 06:55:22 AM »
Ah, never thought of that! Thanks for the reply. Yep I’m with you, I also really like the mixer and app. This is only a minor issue compared with all the things I love about it.

Thanks again.

dpdan

• Dapper Dan
  • Master
    • kurysound.com
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2019, 06:15:27 PM »
I too have had a number of times when I attempted to move a fader and it glowed but immediately quit glowing,
so I had to click on the fader 4-6 times then finally I could move it. Rare, but that has happened to me.