Author Topic: ProTools | First  (Read 3326 times)

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
ProTools | First
« on: October 30, 2019, 04:43:54 AM »
On Sept. 12 Mackie announced a joint project with Avid to provide 23 plug-ins to most of their mixer line including the DL series. Is this more marketing BS? Nothing since the announcement is available on their Website. Anyone here find the mystery vaporware or will it take the next two years for it to arrive if ever? Here is their Blog.  https://mackie.com/blog/mackie-partners-pro-tools-first
When in doubt KISS

DigtheDL

• Youngling
Re: ProTools | First
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2019, 03:57:25 PM »
I found the following information on the Mackie DL website, "Did you purchase a DL1608 on or after September 12, 2019? Get your free AvidŽ software here."   The link takes you to a AVID page where you can create an account.  And it asks for the serial number of your DL mixer.  I haven't had time to try it.  But I didn't find anything on the Mackie website for those of us that bought our DL before September 12, 2019.

DigtheDL

• Youngling
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2019, 05:37:06 PM »
I talked to Mackie support.  They were very helpful.  The Avid/Protools bundle is available here:

https://my.avid.com/get/pro-tools-first?cprcde=aBk5A000000k9c6SAA

You need to the have the serial number of your mixer and he said it was free.

Not sure if any of this will be helpful with my DL1608 as the tech said it was mostly for recording. I was hoping there would be in plugins that I could load into the mixer.  But I'm thinking that's not the case. I'll look into it this evening.

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2019, 07:19:42 PM »
I'm not aware of any external plugins that work in any DL mixer.  Pretty sure this is a recording tool.

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2019, 11:32:32 PM »
Thanks Guys. Will look into it soon, right now I'm enjoying Big Bear. No snow yet but Octoberfest (BEER).
When in doubt KISS

JohnMHoyt

• Knight
  • Wherever you go, there you are
    • Hot As A Pepper Party & Event Band
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2019, 11:07:28 PM »
Thanks Guys. Will look into it soon, right now I'm enjoying Big Bear. No snow yet but Octoberfest (BEER).

Big Beer!   Enjoy