Author Topic: 5.1 release confirmed at NAMM  (Read 1705 times)

Artaudio

• Padawan
5.1 release confirmed at NAMM
« on: January 18, 2020, 06:43:11 AM »
Hello Everyone.

I’m hoping Mackie isn’t making a liar out of me. But I had confirmation from Tyler from tech support at NAMM that they will be rolling out 5.1 for all OSs for DL32R, DL1608 & DL806 right after NAMM has finished.

I personally saw the final product running on all platforms and they feel pretty confident that they are ready to let it go. They apologize for the long wait, but it sounded like the Android OS was and could still be an achilles heal for them.

They weren’t too clear on whether the DC16 AXIS systems have been fully tested to date and advise to not do an upgrade to it yet until 5.1 has been out for a bit.

Since I have two DL32R systems I may upgrade one of them and see if there are any snags.

Hope this helps guys and gals.

Cheers From ANAHEIM.
Al T

FWIW. According to Tyler there are only 3 guys working tech support at this time. Hope that will change.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
Re: 5.1 release confirmed at NAMM
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2020, 07:51:54 PM »
According to Dave Belknap of Mackie the release will be at the end of January. I hope they will commit to that.
When in doubt KISS

Trshot

• Punster
  • Padawan
Re: 5.1 release confirmed at NAMM
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2020, 06:06:32 PM »
As of Jan 4 on Mackie's Facebook page....

"To All DL Series Customers,

We want to let you know your concerns and desire for Master Fader 5.1 have not gone unheard. We know the long delays, the changing timelines and the lack of updates are not ok – and we truly apologize.

While there are a myriad of things contributing to the delay, please know our goal was to ensure a stable, reliable release.

Our engineering team has confirmed with us that Master Fader 5.1 is now ready for imminent release and will be pushed live in the next few weeks. We learned a lot from this release and please know that any and all feedback that has, and will be given, is heard and is important to us.

Thank you for sticking with us."