Author Topic: DL1608 - Very slow response  (Read 1443 times)

Soulgaard

• Initiate
DL1608 - Very slow response
« on: February 01, 2020, 09:27:50 AM »
Hi,
I have a DL1608 mixer with a very slow response to the front end.
I use Master Fader 5.1 (just upgraded from 4 to see if it would solve the problem).

The problem is that whatever i do on master fader tages 3 (three!!) seconds to take effekt on the mixer. The VU's also responds with a 3 seconds delay.
The docking does not work - so i run in wifi (successfull until 2 months ago)

I have tried different ipads, different routers with no success.

The funny thing is that i can hook master fader up on two different units (tried on ipad and macbook) and the response is good between those - a change on the ipad is immediately shown on the macbook and vice versa.

I tried to force update it multiple times (pressing reset while powering off and on).

Is there a way to do a more hardcore reset of the unit?

Is something else i should try?

Regards
Per

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
Re: DL1608 - Very slow response
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2020, 11:26:56 PM »
Ok pg 288 of the current RM gives you instructions on a forced update (DL1608 firmware). I would try that first. The reset you described only affects the iPad. The communications as you described all go thru the DL1608 and back out to the various devices so the 3 sec. delay makes no sense unless the firmware in the DL1608 has a problem. You might also tell us what router you are using (make and model #).
It could certainly be a hardware problem in which case you have some hard decisions to make.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 03:25:59 PM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS