Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

5.1 likes and dislikes

(1/9) > >>

dpdan:
Master Fader 5.1
post the mixer that you are using with it, and things you like about it,
things you don't like,
and finally, things that you feel are broke.

Wynnd:
My test has been fine.  I'm using a DL16S so there really isn't an application difference.  I will be using a touch screen windows Laptop next friday with an additional external touch screen.  Tested fine.  I will be running two copies of MF 5.1 with each one full screen.  On the external touch screen. (22 inch Acer) I can see all 16 faders and the size is large so the virtual faders should be a dream to work with.  On the laptop's 9 inch screen I plan to primarily watch for feedback and output problems using spectrum.  I will be carrying two iPads with MF 5.1 installed as backups.  (the larger one I use for song charts so it always goes on these gigs anyway.)  And my final backup is an Analog Alesis mixer that'I've never had to use.  (Figure when I forget it, the DL will die.) 

ToH2002:
I have some funky WiFi issues with MF 5.1 on Windows.

Connecting my Windows laptop directly to the built-in wifi works, but when I attach my DL32S to an external wifi router (in my case: AirPort Extreme), the Windows laptop can't find the mixer, while iPads and Android phones do find it. Then I connect my laptop to the router with an Ethernet cable, and suddenly, MF 5.1 sees the mixer, just not via WiFi.

Same happens with my studio DL32R, connected to my FritzBox and an Ubiquiti wifi mesh - my iPads and Android phones see the mixer via wifi, all PCs connected via Ethernet see it as well, just my laptops connected via Wifi don't. As soon as I plug the laptop into a network switch, it suddenly sees the mixer.

Maybe someone with a bit more knowledge of the underlying network protocols can make some more sense of this - it's really crazy to me: the mixer seems to send the correct information directly through its own wifi AP and through the wired connection, but as soon as it crosses to wifi on an external router, something seems to happen to the stream that makes the mixer un-findable for Windows, but still findable for iPads and Android devices.

Weird... Anyone with similar observations? I'll try some old backup router next...

ToH2002:
@Wynnd: are you using your DL16S with its own wifi AP or are you using an external AP (which?)? And is your laptop connected via WiFi or wired?

Just collecting data points - going a little crazy here...

Wynnd:
Likes - DL16S.  Recording capability.  software patch panel.  Pink noise generator.  RTA and Spectrum monitor.  VCAs, I use them all the time.  Compressors and occasional gates.  31 band EQ on all outs. 

Things I don't personally use.  SubGroups, Mute groups.  These are probably fine for people who use them.  I just don't use them.

Things I hate.  Got a problem here.  I really like this mixer a lot.  It's been solid and I can't see any thing that would bug me.  My previous mixer was a DL1608.  I liked it too.  I don't use the internal WiFi as it's weak and just the one band.  That's the worst thing on the mixer and because there's a work around, I can live with the external connection I'm using.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version