Author Topic: 5.1 likes and dislikes  (Read 10562 times)

dpdan

• Dapper Dan
  • Master
    • kurysound.com
Re: 5.1 likes and dislikes
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2020, 01:20:30 AM »
that's good news Wynnd!

Have fun!!!!

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2020, 01:39:34 AM »
Double check your mixer's wifi configuration.  It's on the mixer select page.  Upgrades sometimes reset to the internal Wifi.  That will cause the types of problems you describe.  (Might not be the only possible cause.)

JohnMHoyt

• Knight
  • Wherever you go, there you are
    • Hot As A Pepper Party & Event Band
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2020, 03:03:02 AM »
I only have a dislike...   My DL32R is going to have to go back to 4x...

I cannot get it to recognize any hard drive.. it just says "scanning" and never gets past that.

Tried Seagate, Maxtor, WD externals that all worked previously.

UPDATE: This was resolved after following Mackie Tech Support's suggested forced firmware update - something obviously didn't go well when I first upgraded to 5.1. 
All working now.

Likes: All my old iPads are being left at home, and my band members can use their own phones/tablets to control their own mixes.   YES!!!!!!

Dislikes: Haven't used it at a show yet, but so far, none.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 06:46:15 PM by JohnMHoyt »

ToH2002

• Padawan
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2020, 10:46:13 AM »
Double check your mixer's wifi configuration.  It's on the mixer select page.  Upgrades sometimes reset to the internal Wifi.  That will cause the types of problems you describe.  (Might not be the only possible cause.)

Done that already - and changed the config to Access Point, checked a bit, then changed it back to External Router. Even with the mixer config set correctly, there are issues on the Windows front. Mackie have a cryptic "known issues" on this with MF 5.1 - isn't really clear enough, but the key essence is that you need a full reboot before connecting to the mixer network - and avoid connecting to any other network, so set "connect automatically" to off for all other networks before reboot.

Cheers,

Torsten

ToH2002

• Padawan
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2020, 04:43:25 PM »
Aaaargh, another big DISLIKE:

got myself a new Android tablet to replace the aging iPad that won't run MF anymore - and Google tells me that MF won't run on it (not even in phone mode)!

It's a Samsung Galaxy Tab A T510 - runs Android 9, has a screen resolution of 1920 x 1200, should easily be able to run MF - but there seems to be no way...

Does anyone have a recommendation for an Android tablet that WILL run MF 5.1 (in full tablet mode)?

Getting more and more frustrated with Mackie...

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2020, 05:53:34 PM »
Well there goes the possible limitation of 32 bit ARM's being the problem, yours has  Exynos 64 bit ARM cores. My Lenovo Tab 2 A10-70 at least gets past Google check for compatibility which may be something that Mackie may have some choice on. Since I have yet to get my 1608 ready for test I'll reserve any conclusions but things don't look good for MF 5.1.0. Once again the first release of any version is not something you would use at a live gig. So when will MF 5.1.1 be available? I also tried a $41 tab and it is a 32 bit ARM and gets the same Google rejection. Haven't tried my Galaxy S6 yet. To bad Mackie won't publish the make and model # of the devices that they used for testing. I may get the DL1608 ready for test by the end of the week  :)
When in doubt KISS

JohnMHoyt

• Knight
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2020, 06:43:26 PM »
Scratch my dislike...     I called Mackie support and they said it sounded like a firmware upgrade glitch.  So a forced reload and update and all is well.

If anyone finds their DL32R not recognizing hard drives - that's likely what it is =)

ToH2002

• Padawan
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2020, 07:11:26 PM »
Well there goes the possible limitation of 32 bit ARM's being the problem, yours has  Exynos 64 bit ARM cores.

The interesting bit about this: according to Mackie support, this tablet runs 32 bit Android, and the Play Store version of MF 5 seems to require 64 bit. That's why the incompatibility in the PlayStore. They sent me a link to download a 32 bit version directly as apk, and it seems to run nicely - in tablet mode, not phone mode - phew!

I've suggested they put this little tidbit of information on the website - and also a way to find out what Android version a tablet is running - ideally before purchase...

ToH2002

• Padawan
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2020, 07:13:48 PM »
I also tried a $41 tab and it is a 32 bit ARM and gets the same Google rejection.

If you want to try the 32 bit version, PM me...

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2020, 07:51:17 PM »
Torsten if you're adventurous the tab A can be upgraded to Android 10q a 64 bit version. Here's the link.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-tab-a/development/rom-lineage-17-0-android-10-q-64bit-t3973561
This should allow Google Play download and better performance.
When in doubt KISS

ToH2002

• Padawan
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2020, 08:36:07 PM »
Hmmm, interesting...

Maybe after the next gig  ;)

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2020, 04:20:40 AM »
Since your Tab is a SM-T510 you may want to look at this.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-tab-a/development/rom-nexus-stock-2019-galaxy-tab-10-1-t3944222
This work is all on GitHub and familiarity with their site is helpful.
When in doubt KISS

JohnMHoyt

• Knight
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2020, 07:56:11 AM »
DISLIKE:

On iPad Pro 12 incher or smaller iPad pro, the touch sliders are too sensitive, my sound tech complained that just barely touching them caused them to jump dB.

Also, when adjusting two faders which are not bridged together (guitar Left and Guitar Right), had issues moving both simultaneously - one would stop and the other would keep going.

And a worse problem - the drummer's iPhone was supposedly not given access to the main aux, but when he connected, he could see the faders on main, they were ghosted - and yep, he was able to adjust the main R+L and caused crazy loud feedback through the mains that took a second to realize what was going on.
Verified this on another device too...

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2020, 10:43:58 PM »
Well there goes the possible limitation of 32 bit ARM's being the problem, yours has  Exynos 64 bit ARM cores.

The interesting bit about this: according to Mackie support, this tablet runs 32 bit Android, and the Play Store version of MF 5 seems to require 64 bit. That's why the incompatibility in the PlayStore. They sent me a link to download a 32 bit version directly as apk, and it seems to run nicely - in tablet mode, not phone mode - phew!

I've suggested they put this little tidbit of information on the website - and also a way to find out what Android version a tablet is running - ideally before purchase...

Once again Mackie cant get it right. All they had to do since they have both a 32 bit and a 64 bit version was to upload it to the play store together and the Google play store will deal with which version to download. ::)
When in doubt KISS

ToH2002

• Padawan
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2020, 10:46:43 PM »

All they had to do since they have both a 32 bit and a 64 bit version was to upload it to the play store together and the Google play store will deal with which version to download. ::)

Fully agreed - someone's trying to be too smart ::)