Author Topic: MF 5.1 DL32R Recording / PLayback - USB drive issue  (Read 1613 times)

JohnMHoyt

• Knight
  • Wherever you go, there you are
    • Hot As A Pepper Party & Event Band
MF 5.1 DL32R Recording / PLayback - USB drive issue
« on: February 05, 2020, 03:16:20 AM »
Hey there, so my DL32R works great with every tablet I have tried, buttttttt.. One of the most important features that I use it for is not playing nicely.

No matter which hard drives I try, the system just says "scanning".   I have tried various maxtor, seagate, WD and had zero luck.

Anyone else able to actually get a drive recognized?

If I cannot get this system recording, I'll have to revert back to 4x =(

JohnMHoyt

• Knight
Re: MF 5.1 DL32R Recording / PLayback - USB drive issue
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2020, 04:22:31 AM »
UPDATE:

After trying half a dozen USB hard drives that have worked successfully in this DL32R with MF4x, on a whim, i put a USB thumb drive in and it saw it!
But it was unknown, so I formatted it....   Then I recorded to it with the DL32R and each recording showed on the list when it completed.

BUT - plugging this thumb drive into Windows based computers resulted in the device being recognized as a USB drive, but does not show as a disk with a drive letter.

Information states it is a removable disk of 32GB capacity, Partition style MBR and it's "online" with a healthy, active and primary partition)

I cannot change the drive letter - nor can I format it in a windows machine from within Disk Management, but deleting the volume will allow it to show up in file explorer, but I cannot format it from there, says "unknown capacity".

Putting it back in the DLR32R, it again says it is unknown and let's me format and write to it.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 04:31:57 AM by JohnMHoyt »

JohnMHoyt

• Knight
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2020, 01:25:45 PM »
Has anyone else been able to get *ANY* device to be seen by the system and then readable by a Windows machine?
If so, what brand and model of device?

JohnMHoyt

• Knight
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2020, 06:49:41 PM »
UPDATE: A call to Mackie Tech Support resulted in them thinking there had been a glitch in the firmware upgrade and they suggested I reset it and force a firmware upgrade.
After doing that... ALL IS WELL.

I was able to use a Maxtor USB hard drive without issues. The system sees it, let me format it, allowed me to record to it and then open the files on a Windows PC.

I thought for sure the recording functionality was hosed, which is the second most important thing for me!  Whew.

I will post a follow-up after the first show out with it (Friday)