Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Last night first tIme using MF5

(1/2) > >>

slystewart:
Saturday 8th was the first time I used MF 5  in our band ..6 piece 2 front guys with wireless mics ,bass guitars keyboard and drums ..when using MF 4.5  I just saved  two or 3 snapshots as the band is the same line up every gig  and myself  the bass player runs the sound from stage ,not the best way but it works for us.
I spent the week before with small set up at home to get use to MF5 to be ready for Saturday, and on the night set up like normal ok ..we use 3 iPads two on stage and one off .

First problem was one iPad would load MF5 then crash a second later, we tried to sort this  restarting etc  but after a few attempts   gave up .. then for no reason it was ok, not sure what happened there
Next thing  not a problem but on the iPad 12.9  the screen menus are very sensitive  and if you don't scroll up and down finger right in the centre of the screen it scrolls let or right to the next channel
The off stage iPad lost connection about 3 times during  the night being only 8 meters form the stage, again not sure if this was a local issue or some problem
just a same thing but the channel name in the menus is very small next to the db readings
Last we had some gain issues on the two main vocals right at the first song  but sorted them out after that the rest of the night went well

Just a feeling  that connection  the iPads at the beginning of the night starting with the 12.9 then the other two seemed not to go as smooth as it did on MF 4.5  but its early  see how it goes next week...Stewart

Wynnd:
I have seen cases where the WiFi connection isn't what you want, but works to some degree anyway.  What mixer are you using and I'd like a screen shot of your mixer select page where the WiFi connection exists.

WK154:
Wynnd what no ESP? He is using a DL32R and your favorite Apple Airport Extreme. Check his posts. The real point here is that MF 5.1 is not as reliable as 4.5 (not the latest which is 4.6.2). If slystewart changed any of his gear we sure would like to know. It would also be helpful to know the versions of iPads and iOS versions for each. Assuming he changed nothing in his past setup then 5.1 is not as reliable as MF 4.5 before. Slystewart how about an update.

slystewart:
Just an update on this I did get that wrong I’m using the latest version of the Master Fader software on the iPads and both iPads are running the latest Apple software 13.3
Not really sure what happened yesterday which is normally a very reliable set up a Master Fader 4 seem to be ok connecting the first iPad up the 12.9   I use on stage  then on connecting the second  that’s when it started to go slightly out of sync the third iPad just wouldn’t connect it will come on for a second then go straight off but after a while he did connect and was okay for the rest of the night
The issue being at the beginning of the night when people are starting to come in and you’re trying to get a sound check out the way you just want everything to work 100% and to be fair to Master Fader five the rest the night once these problems are sorted out went perfectly

JohnMHoyt:
I had the same problem, the iPad I had used in testing worked fine, and an iPhone worked fine, but when I went to connect another one, it would crash out as soon as I went to connect it to the DL32R.

Called Mackie Support, and they said it sounded like a firmware glitch and to force a reload of the firmware (you know, press the reset button while booting up, and when it upgrade mode, start the upload from the iPad).

After doing that, all is well again in the world.

There is something to the fact that saving shows on one iPad affects others when they start up and load the show now.  It's like something in the new transport isn't streaming right.

In my tests, this has been done with iPad's with latest IOS and on an Airport Express with very low noise floor - full strength signals.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version