Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Cheapest iPad that supports 5.1

(1/2) > >>

RoadRanger:
I just got in a refurb iPad Mini 2 for $120 shipped from Amazon. It is upgradeable to iOS 12 but won't do iOS 13. Physically it's in great condition but every time you turn the screen on the contrast goes to heck after about 30 seconds :( and white smear lines appear. Also it seems to run a bit warm to me and the battery percent is dropping quite fast - looks like the battery is only good for 40 minutes :( . It does load the app fine as well as the app for my Zoom L-20 . My older iPads are two iPad 2's and an original iPad Mini which only support iOS 9 :( all still run as well as new with 10-ish hours of battery life still :) .

Anyways I'm going to keep it on until the low battery shutdown happens and fully charge it and see if that helps. I've already done a factory reset on it but no joy.

dpdan:
return that piece of crap...

WK154:
For that $$ you can pick up a decent Android tab that will make it look like what Dan said "crap".

dpdan:
what a world
what a world
what a world

RoadRanger:

--- Quote from: WK154 on February 11, 2020, 01:34:54 AM ---For that $$ you can pick up a decent Android tab that will make it look like what Dan said "crap".

--- End quote ---
I have to have an iPad that supports iOS 10.3+ for my Zoom L-20, it doesn't support Android. Actually I really only need to switch the channel meters to pre-fader with it. After a full discharge-charge cycle the battery life is testing out at just under 5 hours, half of what it should be. The contrast problem is annoying but it's still useable (for now) indoors. i just initiated a return to Amazon for it and I have until May 11th to ship it so maybe I'll keep it for a bit and not replace it ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version