Author Topic: trouble importing and exporting.  (Read 3130 times)

dfox

• Youngling
trouble importing and exporting.
« on: February 28, 2016, 11:12:06 AM »
hi guys,

i just tried out master fader 4 yesterday for the first time.

my setup is a dl1608 and an iPad 2.

everything went fine with the show and i even did some recordings and beside some noticeable lag i was very happy with the update.
I had some minor problems though, i couldn't import and export files. at the beginning of the show i was trying to play some tunes stored in the iclouddrive i couldn't get past the file directory in which i gad 3 files and i pressed them and nothing happen. Later at the end of the gig i was able to play the recordings, but i couldn't just export them with the same problem. I was facing the directory of the file and i pressed the file i wanted to export and again, nothing happen.

I didn't had a lot of time to work around, can someone give a hint on why is this happening?

thanks

robmcl

• Padawan
Re: trouble importing and exporting.
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2016, 02:43:32 PM »
Any chance your iPad wifi settings were only connected to the local router for the DL.   Typically that router would have no internet access.
I have the same setup..1608 with v4 on an iPad2.   Often I'll forget that I've changed the iPad wifi and get stuck when trying to access internet.   Also while working in the house, I find that the iPad (and my iPhone for that matter) will simply "switch" to the house router from the DL router without me even noticing.  Prob a momentary change in signal strength.
Just a thought

dfox

• Youngling
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2016, 06:17:36 PM »
i'll have to go check that again, in the heat of the moment i though i was on the right wi fi. i was accessing to the iCloud drive folders, but that can mean nothing. i just pressed the files and nothing happen. First thing i'm gonnaa check next time.

thx for the tip.

robmcl

• Padawan
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2016, 12:35:56 AM »
It only happens to me when setup for rehearsal at the house.   The iPad knows about both and tends to switch.  Obviously out at gig while there might be other wifi available, the iPad only previously knows about the DL router.

Even though you can open the iCloud app and "see" folders and file names, that info is simply cached from your last access.   Same would happen using Dropbox etc. 

dfox

• Youngling
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2016, 01:44:24 AM »
i tried again today on rehearse and i keep finding the same bug exporting files. This time i'm sure i was connected to a internet connected wi fi. I go to the recording menu, select import/export, choose export and then i have 2 files atm, if i choose either one the ok button highlight and the check mark appears on the selected file, but i press ok and nothing happens.

willnichols321321

• Initiate
trouble importing and exporting.
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2020, 11:24:02 PM »
Help!  I've recorded several tracks onto my DL 1608 and now I can't import them.  I've tried exporting wirelessly using my home wifi and have even hardwired into my macbook pro.  After I select Import/export I click on the file I want to export and see a "check" mark and click "ok," but nothing happens.  Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks!