Author Topic: MF 5.1.1 Released  (Read 12667 times)

Rdmitch

• Knight
Re: MF 5.1.1 Released
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2020, 11:18:13 PM »
i was going to leave it with the lightning plug until i realized with the ipad docked it doesn’t charge.
Both the 30pin and lightning charge the iPad (slowly) unless the Dl1608 is off or the 5V is defective.
i think it is supposed to, but with the lightning plug dock installed it shows not charging at all.
As soon as I went back to the 30 pin, it showed charging just fine.

Since I use this one more for home practice it’s not a critical piece of gear.  The 32R gets the road use.
Your never to old to learn something stupid

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2020, 05:23:22 PM »
Since the DL1608 is providing the 5V (per 30 pin) and the Lightning is not passing it thru to the iPad leaves only one conclusion, you have a defective Lightning kit. So when the software is fixed you will still have no charging. Charging is not a software function. Hope you can get it replaced under warranty.
When in doubt KISS

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2020, 07:48:47 PM »
And more importantly, the connectors will keep an iPad at full charge while running.  If you have one of those 14 hour gigs, that becomes important.

Rdmitch

• Knight
« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2020, 08:08:39 PM »
Excellent points... I have sent an email off to the supplier describing the possible problem.
Since I have no plans to reinstall it until the music playing glitch is resolved, I am not in any
rush to reinstall the service kit.  Just want to protect the warranty for now since by the time Mackie does another update
this part will be well out of its warranty period.

Rdmitch

• Knight
« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2020, 11:10:28 PM »
just a follow up that Full Compass is replacing the service kit (30 pin to lightning plug) that doesn’t seem to convey power to charge the connected ipad.
i’ll be curious to see if the replacement solves the problem, or whether it’s a software issue.
Ruled out hardware since the 30 pin provides power perfectly.

James91104

• Knight
« Reply #50 on: July 03, 2020, 02:55:14 AM »
To the Mackiods@Woodinville, Props and appreciation for the PC/Mac MF5.1.1 release. Demo mode for now on some touchscreen WIN10 tablets looks and responds peachy. Look forward to some real connection and audio. Cheers

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #51 on: July 03, 2020, 11:13:19 PM »
took the plunge today since most my shows are cancelled anyway and
uploaded. 5.1.1 on both the 16 and 32.  Only to find that 2 of my ipods don’t support
this version since it requires ios 11 to run and older ipods only run up to IOS 9.somethiing.
The air2 is fine .  I was able to swap with my wife for her newer ipad since she doesn’t
use it anyway.   Next dilemma of the day,  is my 1608 is a 30 pin and guess what Mackie
discontinued?    Yep, the service kit to change the 30 pin to lightning plug. I can use the
dongle but I hate that look and don’t want the ipad sitting loose.  After searching the web
I found the kit (thank you Full Compass) and it shows in stock at only double the original
price !!!   Ordered it and hope it’s really in stock.

I still have to keep MF 4 on my pads since there are shows I do that I log into the house
Mackie board which I’m sure they will never update

Now..I have to learn the new V5.1.1
Been 3 months since I  ran the program or even turned on the board. This virus stuff really
has been a royal pain
For the rest of you if its not too late order it from B&H for $49.99.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2020, 11:24:22 PM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2020, 09:28:30 PM »
i’ll be curious to see if the replacement solves the problem, or whether it’s a software issue.
Ruled out hardware since the 30 pin provides power perfectly.
I would check your new replacement Kit. I believe that the defective one also caused your playback issue. I have none of the problems for short term recording/playback. If it were a software issue lots more here would have this problem. There is a volume issue I need to identify between Voice Record levels and Mackie record levels.The otherwise good manual sucks on this and show/snapshot explanations (including misspelling "shapshot" of snapshot in the popups). Probably a rush job.
So when you get your replacement all should be well.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 10:40:06 PM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

stevegarris

• Knight
« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2020, 06:45:27 PM »
took the plunge today since most my shows are cancelled anyway and
uploaded. 5.1.1 on both the 16 and 32.  Only to find that 2 of my ipods don’t support
this version since it requires ios 11 to run and older ipods only run up to IOS 9.somethiing.
The air2 is fine .  I was able to swap with my wife for her newer ipad since she doesn’t
use it anyway.   Next dilemma of the day,  is my 1608 is a 30 pin and guess what Mackie
discontinued?    Yep, the service kit to change the 30 pin to lightning plug. I can use the
dongle but I hate that look and don’t want the ipad sitting loose.  After searching the web
I found the kit (thank you Full Compass) and it shows in stock at only double the original
price !!!   Ordered it and hope it’s really in stock.

I still have to keep MF 4 on my pads since there are shows I do that I log into the house
Mackie board which I’m sure they will never update

Now..I have to learn the new V5.1.1
Been 3 months since I  ran the program or even turned on the board. This virus stuff really
has been a royal pain
For the rest of you if its not too late order it from B&H for $49.99.

After reading that it was discontinued I ordered one up. Thanks!

Rdmitch

• Knight
« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2020, 07:59:38 PM »
full compass has more coming in this tuesday which is when mine should come in

the part is a import and no where does it even reference mackie or loud technologies

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2020, 08:13:27 PM »
full compass has more coming in this tuesday which is when mine should come in

the part is a import and no where does it even reference mackie or loud technologies
I would tell them to issue you a refund and order the genuine part from B&H for less. In stock and the real part. I still don't understand why Mackie discontinued the part since they are still selling the DL1608. This could however be a indication that it's the end of life for the DL1608. They ordered the last batch of parts from their supplier and calling it quits on this product. By law they are required to provide spare parts for 7 years but do they really care? They're also notorious for charging you $10 for shipping and handling for a $0.70 pot (1604 days).
Order it today and you'll have it by Tuesday.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2020, 10:02:25 PM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

dpdan

• Dapper Dan
  • Master
    • kurysound.com
« Reply #56 on: July 10, 2020, 11:24:24 PM »
B&H is a fantastic company and I have purchased tons of gear from them, but recently, Full Compass changed to free shipping with no minimum order.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2020, 11:30:16 PM by dpdan »

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #57 on: July 10, 2020, 11:55:24 PM »
In this case with a jacked-up price they can afford it.To say nothing of the no name clone product from China clearly illegal. I've purchased from both companies and so far it's been all good but the no name on the Lightning product raises flags. I just pulled up the Full Compass web site for this product and it looks legit, so I don't know what Rdmitch was referring to "the part is a import and no where does it even reference mackie or loud technologies " unless they send him a clone and not what was shown on their site.

Rdmitch can you clarify this?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2020, 04:13:51 AM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

Rdmitch

• Knight
« Reply #58 on: July 11, 2020, 09:30:35 AM »
since i sent it back i can’t provide a picture of it, but when the new one arrives next week I will
see if it has any markings or if the instructions have a name on it.  I’ll snap a pic and post it for everyone.

hope it works this time, it’s an easy install to do.

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #59 on: July 11, 2020, 04:02:43 PM »
It does come in a white box with designed in the USA, made in China on it along with barcodes for UPC & PN and description which I think is what you may have been referring to. The part itself has Loud LLC on the PC board in white. I don't believe that Full Compass would deal with clones at this level. For those that don't know Mackie's manufacturing game is described here.  http://cacophony.aspinock.com/index.php?topic=687.msg6749#msg6749
I am presently testing the Playback/Record function on the DL1608 to see if there's merit to Mackie's "known problems list". Will post soon.
When in doubt KISS