Author Topic: MF 5.1.1 Released  (Read 12259 times)

Rdmitch

• Knight
Re: MF 5.1.1 Released
« Reply #60 on: July 11, 2020, 04:18:41 PM »
you may be correct, i did not look at the interior circuit board for a name, only the box and the housing.
Your never to old to learn something stupid

Rdmitch

• Knight
« Reply #61 on: August 02, 2020, 01:34:53 PM »
following up, the new one did arrive a few weeks ago and i’ve just been so behind with the day job that i just got around to  installing it this morning.
it looks the same as the last one and all parts are marked loud technologies. After installing it i did test it running MF 5.1
and found the previous problems were gone.  The ipad properly charges and will play music thru the dedicated ipad channel on the DL16.

The original service pack i received must have been defective as the replacement seems to have resolved the issues.
Next task will be to find a way to secure the ipad onto the mixer since the newer ipads are a bit thinner and smaller than the
older ones were so it fits into the slide very loose.  i’m sure i can add some padding or something to compensate.

Your never to old to learn something stupid

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #62 on: August 02, 2020, 02:40:59 PM »
I'm glad that it worked out. Few people realize that the cable contains no less than 4 IC's and other components and not just straight wiring.
https://www.techinsights.com/blog/apple-lightning-cable-teardown
 It's all about Apple's paranoia and control of the market not any technical reason, case in point USB C. The lightning communications speed is also quite out of date at only 480 Mbps. (USB 2 HS). A lot of clones don't work because they are only for charging not data.
Cheers
« Last Edit: August 02, 2020, 03:00:29 PM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #63 on: September 05, 2020, 03:10:20 AM »