Author Topic: complete novice  (Read 2135 times)

slystewart

• Padawan
complete novice
« on: August 02, 2020, 05:18:54 PM »
I have  the DL32 R  using the mixer  with both iPad and iPhone   on the phone i can see the master fader app ..all works well and i can use  my air pod pros to listen to music its a pity  when using the iPhone  and air pods plus the DL32r that they could not be used as in ear monitors i don't think that this can be done

The other issues with effects ,I set up out of the 4 effects on Mf5  one effect as a long delay space echo to be used on certain  words in songs  the other effects are chorus and delay on vocals ..but so hard to turn them on and off  so no effects between songs  when speaking only way it top left  pull down  to mute …not very quick  to get to, or to turn on and off unless there is a different way

dpdan

• Dapper Dan
  • Master
    • kurysound.com
Re: complete novice
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2020, 12:35:44 AM »
use one of the MUTE group masters.
Assign all the effects' "inputs" to let's say MUTE GROUP 6 and name it FX. As soon as a song is finished hit MUTE 6, that will cause all the effects to no longer receive audio.
You want to mute the input feeding the effects, not the output of the effects. This will allow the tail of delays and reverb to completely die out even when you hit mute 6 a little eagerly and begin talking quickly.

this is a tutorial on MUTE GROUPS
https://youtu.be/T8KLpFK9ojU

here is the playlist of a bunch of tutorials I did on Master Fader and the DL32R...
Enjoy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZI_Nkm_xeQc&list=PLzszLFsXJuT38B4fNljbOdGqY6w0ioi8N
« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 12:51:19 AM by dpdan »

dpdan

• Dapper Dan
  • Master
    • kurysound.com
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2020, 12:54:17 AM »
and here is the playlist of more tutorials about Master Fader and many more things including the use of the Axis DC16 control console. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpMqoNBskJ0&list=PLzszLFsXJuT0JF9CVVaM-kd_7SmooHQ39
« Last Edit: August 15, 2020, 06:37:44 PM by dpdan »

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2020, 05:26:26 PM »
Sly I'm sure you're not a "complete novice" since you had a DL1608 before 2015 and replaced it with the DL32R that's at least 5 years with the gear as sound man and bass player. Dan gave you a simple way to deal with overall effects during a show but since you're also the Bass player when are you going to have time to deal with 5 other musicians special needs and play bass? The request to deal with "one effect is a long delay space echo to be used on certain  words in songs " should be up to the individual player (stomp boxes etc.)  not you or even a FOH engineer. I call it trying to micromanage sound a bad idea. In ears are coming down in price and your group might want to check that out. Also not everyone needs to be wireless which makes it much cheaper and more reliable.
Cheers
P.S. Dan now you now why you can't leave this group.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 10:58:02 PM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

dpdan

• Dapper Dan
  • Master
    • kurysound.com
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2020, 06:06:19 PM »
I like helping people :)

slystewart

• Padawan
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2020, 08:00:59 PM »
thanks to all on here for the help ..I set up effects mutes  for a quicker response to the effects on stage … don't know why I didn't see that but that's a lot better for me .the in ear  is a way I'm going to have to go  I have tinnitus now worst in the left ear ..playing in band from the very early 70s   has done that.
I found the DL1608 and now the 32r one of the best items I have got for the band  easy set up ..more space on stage  easy to use. having used  analogue mixers for many years .I think i would class my self as a basic user ,some posts on here seem very technical and above me  , buts that's  ok
thanks to all  Stewart UK

dpdan

• Dapper Dan
  • Master
    • kurysound.com
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2020, 07:53:04 PM »
have fun!!!

Ram

• Padawan
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2020, 05:03:52 AM »
>>In ears are coming down in price
do you have any suggestions and any links?
Thanks.

dpdan

• Dapper Dan
  • Master
    • kurysound.com
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2020, 06:39:47 PM »
no suggestions from me but make sure that whatever you buy it is not in the 600 or 700 Mhz. frequency band, those are now illegal to use in the USA.

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2020, 04:05:34 PM »
Agreed and add 2.4 Ghz to that list if its WiFi. Bluetooth may be OK.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2020, 05:33:12 PM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS