Author Topic: Master Fader 5.2 with DC16 support released!!!!!  (Read 7958 times)

Wynnd

• Master
Master Fader 5.2 with DC16 support released!!!!!
« on: September 01, 2020, 05:52:46 PM »
I'm just downloading it right now for all of my devices.  Apparently someone at Mackie is serious about keeping this stuff alive and I'm very happy about that.  REPORT back any issues or likes you get.  This will require a firmware update at the mixer.

JohnMHoyt

• Knight
  • Wherever you go, there you are
    • Hot As A Pepper Party & Event Band
Re: Master Fader 5.2 with DC16 support released!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2020, 07:18:15 PM »
I'm just downloading it right now for all of my devices.  Apparently someone at Mackie is serious about keeping this stuff alive and I'm very happy about that.  REPORT back any issues or likes you get.  This will require a firmware update at the mixer.

I'll try it in a bit... I don't have an AXIS system, but I can sure imagine those owners are happy to hear this.

I've had great luck with MF 5.1 so I'm hoping the trend continutes!  Will let you know!

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2020, 08:04:59 PM »
The first thing Mackie should do is FIRE the marketing I... that posted that no support is forthcoming on the AXIS product. There will be no doubt some very unhappy people with this news. This just shows again the lack of care for their customers with supplying misleading information even to their distributers.
When in doubt KISS

JohnMHoyt

• Knight
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2020, 10:08:41 PM »
Tried MF5.2 out and see no glitches so far in the studio.

BONUS - My Pixel 4 XL is working with the MF again!   It is not seeing the DL32R under devices, but if I add by IP, it connects and works fine.

W00h000!   

Can't wait to have the next rehearsal and get everyone with their various devices together and see if there are any issues.

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2020, 05:39:48 PM »
For starters I see that the Android requirement are now v7.x from prior v6.x, but there is no mention of using Androids on the AXIS system other than in the spec sheet (AXIS manual). A spelling of snapshot was corrected  ;D, to bad they didn't fix it so that they're in line with everyone else in this business and call it a scene. They also require acknowledgement of snapshot change which will make theater use a problem. Dan got them to make this optional and I hope it's still there. The recording problems with DL1608 are not fixed instead Mackie is recommending their competitions (Presonus) software as a workaround avoiding my recommendation of Voice Record Pro 7 :) which at least was tested. The wired to wireless transition from past versions is gone  :(. Version 5.2 was never Beta tested AFAIK. Dan stated that he was never given a AXIS version to test as a Beta tester. Considering that he spend countless hours providing tutorials of AXIS on U-Tube videos for Mackie users this is the thanks he gets. Your choice as to whether you want to deal with a company like this, I don't!

Another typo from Mackie. It works fine on Android v6.x   :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: September 03, 2020, 04:44:59 AM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2020, 05:46:06 PM »
A new version from Mackie and a Apple stock (1:4) split must have made your day  :)
Cheers
When in doubt KISS

JohnMHoyt

• Knight
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2020, 06:04:23 PM »
Hehehe "Your choice as to whether you want to deal with a company like this, I don't!'

Yet here you are :P

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2020, 06:11:21 PM »
Hehehe "Your choice as to whether you want to deal with a company like this, I don't!'

Yet here you are :P
Just long enough to get rid of the two Mackie products I own. Remember that this forum is not just about Mackie  John, others are also still here including you. :)
When in doubt KISS

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2020, 06:44:18 PM »
Thanks for pointing out the Apple stock split.  I didn't notice it.

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2020, 12:21:50 AM »
Another lie from Mackie about the Android version. I downloaded onto my Lenovo V6 and it installed and is running offline just fine. When can we believe these people? Oh it's just a typo  :lol:
When in doubt KISS

JohnMHoyt

• Knight
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2020, 01:41:28 AM »
Try adding from IP address.  Should work great.
I've tried it on several now and it's working... 

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2020, 04:34:38 AM »
So far I haven't needed fixed IP since the DL1608 has been detected on my main network /ax based . I have PC and Android running and iPad recording. Time will tell.
When in doubt KISS

JohnMHoyt

• Knight
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2020, 12:10:22 PM »
If your device won't see the mixer like some of my Androids, then adding it by IP has let me use it.   For some reason my Android devices that have cellular, even if I turn off the cellular data, will not see wifi wan devices....

That's not just my Mackie, but several other machines I use.

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2020, 03:23:47 PM »
That's just Mackie's lack of understanding of Bonjour to detect network devices. I stopped the recording after 10hrs 42 minutes and it is OK. That's just one time unfortunately I won't have any more time for another 11 days but it looks promising.
Cheers
When in doubt KISS

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2020, 12:30:26 AM »
I did one more recording for 8 hrs. 40 minuter and all was OK. Maybe its selective by DL like white noise. I did use my main router for this test with Internet access. It's a Asus RT88u /ax router instead of the Netgear AX35. So far I have not had any disconnects on the PC, Android or iPad. On the iPad after recording you have to reconnect  :(
Cheers
« Last Edit: September 04, 2020, 12:36:06 AM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS