Author Topic: Misterious N button on MF 5.2  (Read 2303 times)

guix

• Initiate
Misterious N button on MF 5.2
« on: September 28, 2020, 08:26:08 PM »
What in the Hell is this!? :eek:
see attached file

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
Re: Misterious N button on MF 5.2
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2020, 03:39:56 AM »
Would help to know which tablet type.
When in doubt KISS

Ampli

• Knight
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2020, 05:25:21 AM »
Got it too
Only with dl32r (demo mode)on ipad
« Last Edit: September 29, 2020, 05:36:51 AM by Ampli »

guix

• Initiate
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2020, 05:50:37 AM »
Windows 10 Version on Demo mode, have to check in the studio later this week

ToH2002

• Padawan
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2020, 07:52:56 AM »
Same here on iPad with a "real" DL32R as well as in Demo mode, also on a Windows 10 PC.

Other than lighting up in nice and bright green, the button doesn't seem to do anything noticeable on my DL32R...

Artaudio

• Padawan
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2020, 04:16:25 AM »
Hello All.

The “N” icon is in regards to the Docking systems. There is reference to its exact application in the 5.2 upgrade documents.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2020, 03:00:57 PM »
This is explained in the DC16 manual and should only apply to AXIS systems. here is the text:

DC16 Owner’s Manual pg. 85
The example shown below is a variation of the previous setup. We call this one “The Monitor Mix.”Tablet A – Follow (Current Channel), Do Not Follow (View), Do Not Follow (Mix) Tablet B – Follow (Current Channel), Do Not Follow (View), Do Not Follow (Mix) Tablet C – Do Not Follow (Channel), Do Not Follow (View), Follow (Current Mix)Like the previous setup, tablets A and B will display the selected channel’s input processing. Tablet C,  however, may be set up to show output processing. Say, an output’s GEQ processing with RTA (or Spectrum)  or compressor / limiter. From here you can switch between input channels and output mixes without them interfering with one another. This setup is perfect in that you have instant access to all input channels (as described previously),  but tablet C remains constant on GEQ, so you can quickly squelch feedback regardless of the selected input.  Additionally, you can switch between outputs [mixes] without it changing the selected input. But wait, there’s more! While the DC16 Smart Bridge has three follow mode switches, each with their own Follow   Modes, there is a fourth wireless position – “N” – that may be established with its own Follow Mode, as well.  This device will be tied to dock position "N," but won't be tied to a smart bridge switch, so it can always follow       DC16 moves on the fly. This is ideal for computers that may be next to DC16, although tablets and phones  also work. The choice is yours and it’s (almost) unlimited! Be sure to tap the “N” near the upper-left corner  of the tablet to engage (illuminates green) or disengage (gray).

Cheers
When in doubt KISS

ToH2002

• Padawan
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2020, 06:31:27 PM »
Right - I'm not even trying to understand what all this means (since I'm not planning an investment in a DC16 anytime soon or later), but thanx for sharing. The essence seems to be that I can safely ignore the N button in my setup - all good ;-)