Author Topic: Merry Christmas everyone!  (Read 1749 times)

dpdan

• Dapper Dan
  • Master
    • kurysound.com
Merry Christmas everyone!
« on: December 05, 2020, 02:40:33 AM »

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
Re: Merry Christmas everyone!
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2020, 07:30:08 AM »
Happy Holidays to everyone here.

Although some of you feel that these trying times are overwhelming, let me remind you of a well known phrase "If life gives you a lemon, make lemonade". Since the devil is in the details let me be more specific and current. "When life gives you COVID, make a profit from COVID". Case in point I invested in three COVID vaccine producers and in 12 trading days racked up $10,000 profit with a small initial investment. Let me also state that I don't give investment advice, do business with relatives or let Money managers loose my $, so don't ask. That way I can only blame myself if I loose $$. Just some food for thought when you have no gigs and looking for extra income. Based on Vaccine manufacturing and distribution schedules the consensus is third quarter of 2021 before things look better IF people will get vaccinated.
Cheers
« Last Edit: January 08, 2021, 07:02:29 AM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

Weogo

• Knight
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2020, 06:36:39 PM »
Hi Dan,

Great tree!
And Happy Solstice!

WK,  I’m hearing the same time-frame, Fall/Winter 2021.
My big, six-week summer gig is looking at in-person, part in person & part online, or completely online.
Will be interesting to see what shakes out.

I’ve been trying to get out in the sun almost every day for Vitamin D.
And it helps keep me on an even keel.

Thanks everybody here for sharing their experiences and wisdom!

Good health,  Weogo

James91104

• Knight
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2020, 07:34:09 PM »
Nice work Dan. Cheers & Health to you, one and all.
WK, IF is the word that Fall/Winter 2021 and beyond may hinge on, rather appropriately recollecting another well known phrase, `Best laid plans....'

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2020, 08:38:40 AM »
Hi James and others,
Since I invested in the COVID Vaccine manufacturers, here are some details that I ran across. To lend some visibility to the time table of the first 2 quarters of '21 two manufacturers are providing the first batches of vaccines to the tune of 100 Million from Pfizer/BioNtech and 200 Million from Maderna for the first two quarters of '21. That's enough vaccine for 150 Million people. Based on the 2020 Census the US has 331 Million people or about 252 Million over 18 yrs. Based on 70% of those to provide herd immunity brings it down to 176 Million. I didn't forget the K-12 group of 50 Million but test are still ongoing for that age group. So if all goes as planned the 3rd quarter should see restrictions lifted for the group gatherings hopefully providing live gigs again. Remember that the "experts" gave a time table for the vaccine to be at least a year and a half, it took 10 months and twenty days most of it in FDA protocol delays. Yes, the Chinese published the Genome content of the COVID virus in January and TWO DAY LATER (42 days for an actual vaccine) Moderna had the formulation for the vaccine and the FDA protocol delays are the rest of the time involved. There's something wrong with that picture! That delay cost more lives than any WAR in US history. Of course the rest of the world also needs to be vaccinated sufficiently to rid ourselves of this pandemic. This will take more time. The US was the fourth country to give a emergency approval of the vaccine after the UK, Bahrain and Canada. Here's hoping that everything stays on track or ahead.
Cheers

Update on Pfizer/BioNtech now has 200 Million on order for the US. Gets the US past the herd immunity point IF everyone that can have the vaccine takes it.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2021, 07:04:15 AM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2020, 10:01:32 AM »
Merry Xmas all you guys - glad to see you’re all alive and hopefully well!?
2020 - the year we became fluent in live-streaming.
Upside, it’s very hard not to be on time for a gig from home, although my lovely wife still pushing that one!
Downside, the pay is rubbish:(

Keep safe guys and hope we all have better years ahead!
The older I get, the better I was!