General Forums > The Harmony Central Refugee Camp

Looks like HC screwed the pooch again LOL

<< < (11/13) > >>

audiopile:

--- Quote from: RoadRanger on November 08, 2012, 07:25:21 PM ---^ the #1 problem with fixing technodolt's problems (whether for money or free) is that forever forward if anything goes wrong it's your fault.

--- End quote ---
True that, but I've been taking ques from some mega-pros (who have seemingly devised an infallible contingency plan for just this sort of thing):  I've been rehearsing this line in-front of a mirror... trying somehow to get through it while keeping a straight face (it’s tough to do):  The line:  "I do apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused you."  And then the difficult part:  How to satin-smoothly segue from the substantively meaningless apology to: “breaking it to them what the cost will be to fix things up again.”

audiopile:

--- Quote from: axisplayer on November 08, 2012, 07:31:05 PM ---I am married, so everything is always my fault anyway. ;-)

--- End quote ---
Stuart:  I believe there is a cyber-space based idea for this.  My employee Cliff devised the idea (while he was going through his most recent divorce).  His idea at the time was: 

www.ItsallCliffsfault.com 

Since then, he's got a brand-new girlfriend, so I haven't heard anything about that good idea for awhile... but back when that was a hot topic for him, I thought he was on to something.

RoadRanger:
Hey, any of yous guys know if there is a way to get the USPS to look around for a missing Priority Mail shipment? I had a custom bass made for me and shipped a week ago yesterday - it was supposed to be here last Friday but the tracking info shows it left the post office it was mailed at and that's it :( :
https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction?qtc_tLabels1=9406209699938240841894
Needless to say I'm pretty bummed about that :( . Maybe seein's how it was shipped on Halloween it got diverted to Hell or somethin' :facepalm: .

RoadRanger:

audiopile:

--- Quote from: RoadRanger on November 09, 2012, 02:14:34 AM ---Hey, any of yous guys know if there is a way to get the USPS to look around for a missing Priority Mail shipment? I had a custom bass made for me and shipped a week ago yesterday - it was supposed to be here last Friday but the tracking info shows it left the post office it was mailed at and that's it :( :
https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction?qtc_tLabels1=9406209699938240841894
Needless to say I'm pretty bummed about that :( . Maybe seein's how it was shipped on Halloween it got diverted to Hell or somethin' :facepalm: .

--- End quote ---
Yes... I know something about this.  As I understand it, you can submit some sort of ambiguous action ticket in some sort of ambiguous way... and somewhere around 90 days from now (if you do absolutely everything correctly on your part with no help from the USPS) the USPS may technically respond or not one way or another with some sort of disclaimer... or some other sort of extremely well worded first cabin legalese statement dispensing of any responsibility on their part.

That's my perception based on experience.

I suggest to keep an eye on the world wide GSA auction listings over the next few decades for your guitar to surface and maybe you'll be offered an opportunity to bid on your guitar (assuming you have a snowball's chance in hell of qualifying to bid on the auction).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version