Author Topic: Problem with FX on Mackie DL1608 with Master Fader 5.2  (Read 1453 times)

kevinlb

• Initiate
Problem with FX on Mackie DL1608 with Master Fader 5.2
« on: July 02, 2021, 11:27:18 PM »
I had no trouble with Master Fader 4 but, after switching to 5.2, I can’t apply any effects!

I want to put reverb on Channel 1.

I have assigned Cathedral Reverb to FX1. Then, gone to the Masters Selector on the right side and chosen FX and adjusted the level of FX1 to unity (0dB); Mute and Solo are off.

Then, to Channel 1’s Input Routing and adjusted FX1 while speaking into the microphone. I can hear my voice but there is no reverb regardless of the position of the FX1 slider.

Tried a couple of other effects (FX) and they did not work. Also tried assigning to FX2.

I have shut down and restarted the iPad and the DL1608 without any change.

Equalization works fine, i.e. changing EQ settings gives audible change.

iPad is a 5th Generation (2017-2018) with 32GB memory (5GB free) and running iPadOS14.6.
DL1608 BlackApp
Firmware was updated when it saw Master Fader 5.2. App: 0x001C003E
Master Fader 5.2 Build 28602

What am I doing wrong?

Kevin
« Last Edit: July 03, 2021, 04:24:31 AM by kevinlb »

ToH2002

• Padawan
Re: Problem with FX on Mackie DL1608 with Master Fader 5.2
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2021, 05:59:56 PM »
Have you pulled up your FX 1 fader in your main mix? To get reverb to any mix, three things need to be considered:
  • FX send level from your individual channels to the FX
  • FX master level (that controls the overall output of the FX)
  • FX level in your respective mix (that's the "effects return" into any mix)

Also, you need to remember: if an FX send on your channel is set to post-fader, then there will be no effect if your channel fader is at zero on the main mix - that's a frequent one to miss when trying to get reverb on your monitors and your fader on the main mix is still pulled...

Cheers,

Torsten