Author Topic: DL1608 noise on channels1-8  (Read 1461 times)

dashauer

• Initiate
DL1608 noise on channels1-8
« on: August 23, 2021, 10:40:27 PM »
Still running the final version of 4.  I'm getting constant, strong white noise in channels 1-8 that raises/lowers with gain knob. Noise sends to LR and all aux.  Tested it at home with a single mic/cable and each channel worked fine, so I blamed the issue on crappy power at site.  Upon installation at next show (with all 16 inputs plugged in), I got the noise on channels 1-8 again.  Anyone had a similar experience and what is the fix?  Thanks.  I hope people still look at this forum.  It's been a long while for me!

dashauer

• Initiate
Re: DL1608 noise on channels1-8
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2021, 05:34:17 PM »
Upgraded to 5.2.1 for the heck of it.  Same issue.  Runs fine with no noise at power-up.  About 15 mins. later, ch.1-8 load up with white noise.  Unit is clean (nothing blocking vents)and does not heat up abnormally.  I'm gonna try a different power supply.  Nothing available from LOUD right now.  Any suggestions for an alternative manufacturer for a power supply for DL1608.  No, I'm not adding ground wires: it either is made for the unit or I don't want it.  Thanks for any help you can give.

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
Re: DL1608 noise on channels1-8
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2021, 03:54:52 AM »
Search for power supply issues here it's been extensively discussed. Since your unit has been around since at least V1.4 there is another possible cause that is in most Mackie products since the C1604 and that is the flat ribbon cables. They are fine for digital signals but analog not so much. The DL1608 has about 8 and no doubt suffers from a common problem with the DL32R also discussed here in detail. Look for a 4-6 amp 12v supply preferably with a 2 prong AC plug.
Cheers
When in doubt KISS