Author Topic: Late to the wireless party with the DL1608...  (Read 1155 times)

nedorama

• Padawan
    • The Toys Band Instagram page
Late to the wireless party with the DL1608...
« on: September 18, 2021, 03:41:17 AM »
I've owned my DL1608 for almost 6 years, and just did my first show with an Airport Express hooked up to it. Before this show, didn't have time to suss out how to set it up and get it working before hand, and as the bandleader, I'm also mixing while playing. It's always meant playing next to a table with the mixer on it, and having to turn around, as well as ask people how it sounded upfront.

This was way better. Was able to put it on a K&M iPad clamp on a mic stand in front of me, and also walk around the venue to hear in front what needed to come up or down.

I know everyone has been doing this for ages, but just wanted to say I'm glad I finally joined the party, and now there's no going back.

We played for the welcome party for a wedding (100ppl) up in SLO. Fun party, although I wish the event planner had let us know before we did our first sound check song that we had to stay at 80db 100' away because of a litigious neighbor to the venue... and the band setup area had a hill in back of it, making a nice amphitheater. Vocals and guitars were easy to tame, but tough for our drummer, even with Hot Rod sticks.

We had asked about all sound questions, but the only thing that came up was a 8pm cutoff on electric music/drums - nothing about 80db... but being able to sit back where the owner was measuring it and realize the guest guitar player (bride's brother) had his amp turned up so even out of the PA it was too loud.

I guess this is another question to ask for future gigs. We just figured it's on a farm/ranch - how close could neighbors be?

Glad to have finally bitten the wireless bullet after 6 years of owning it, and being able to just reach over and adjust, mute, etc. was way better. Never going back...
Regards,
Nedorama
DL1608