Author Topic: Odd MF issue  (Read 1466 times)

Yorgaki1

• Padawan
Odd MF issue
« on: November 01, 2021, 11:16:50 PM »
I've had this issue the last few gigs: Every screen tap is delayed. Here's what I mean. For example; I'll have a effects channel muted when talking between songs. I tap the mute button to unmute the channel, the red mute color disapears, but the effects are still muted. Then after a couple of seconds, the mute button changes back to red. A subsequent tap unmutes the channel and it works properly. Same thing with a simple fader change. I'll pull down a fader. The fader moves but there is no audible level change. After a couple of seconds, the fader returns to it's previous position, then I mave the fader and all is ok. Any ideas?

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
Re: Odd MF issue
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2021, 11:36:01 PM »
As much as I'd like to remember your setup I have neither the time to list all the permutations or look up your past posts to find out. So give me a hint. What has changed recently in your control surface?
Cheers
When in doubt KISS

ToH2002

• Padawan
Re: Odd MF issue
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2021, 10:56:07 PM »
Every screen tap is delayed. Here's what I mean. For example; I'll have a effects channel muted when talking between songs. I tap the mute button to unmute the channel, the red mute color disapears, but the effects are still muted. Then after a couple of seconds, the mute button changes back to red.

Looks like something goes wrong in the communication between your control surface (what are you using?) and your mixer. You'll need to explain a bit more what your configuration looks like (tablet / platform used, network connection between your tablet and the mixer - 2.4 GHz vs. 5 GHz; are others using the same network, which DL Mixer)...

One easy thing to explore: use a laptop with MasterFader for Windows, connect it via LAN cable (to the router you're using with the DL) and check if the same behavior applies. This could at least eliminate the WiFi connection as a source for the issues. If issues persist also on the laptop, you could use a network sniffer to check the traffic on the network. Also check the network configuration for any inconsistencies (IP address ranges, port filters, firewall rules, ...) that could cause problems. Maybe try an alternative router, configured clean out-of-the-box without connection to the internet, just as "stage network"?

It certainly looks like your tablet and your DL aren't communicating right, so that the commands you give on the tablet sometimes fail to reach the mixer. So the challenge is to de-bug that network config - no single clear-cut solution for that; too many variables...

Cheers,

Torsten