Author Topic: docked iPad loses sync  (Read 104093 times)

nottooloud

• Knight
Re: docked iPad loses sync
« Reply #210 on: November 18, 2014, 08:05:57 PM »
This is all well and good, except for a few niggling facts.

Firmware 1.4.1 didn't have this problem, unless you were WK154 and running an extension cable.

I have seen it regularly, on 3 different DL1608s and 3 different iPads, across iOS 5, 6, 7, and now 8, all with fully charged batteries.

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #211 on: November 19, 2014, 01:41:26 AM »
This is all well and good, except for a few niggling facts.

Firmware 1.4.1 didn't have this problem, unless you were WK154 and running an extension cable.

I have seen it regularly, on 3 different DL1608s and 3 different iPads, across iOS 5, 6, 7, and now 8, all with fully charged batteries.
I'm waiting on some parts (connectors) to test what I believe is the solution to the sync problem. Mackie clearly hasn't a clue as how to deal with it in software or it would have been fixed long time ago. Mine is a possible hardware solution which I should have realized long ago when their power supply design caused the Pin One problem. This is just more of the same poor engineering. Too bad they don't call on Bill Whitlock or someone like him to go over their designs. Unfortunately the DL is not on my high priority list so it may take some time.
When in doubt KISS

Jkowtko

• Padawan
« Reply #212 on: December 16, 2015, 01:36:49 PM »
Great investigative work on this, guys.   Last night my sync problem was particularly bad, with the docked iPad staying unsynced for most of the 2.5 hours of the performance.  I will try your charging suggestions to see if I get a better result tonight.

Thanks.  John

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #213 on: December 16, 2015, 06:31:02 PM »
Try reducing the screen brightness to the minimum tolerable and see if that helps. Make sure it's fully charged as well.
When in doubt KISS

Jkowtko

• Padawan
« Reply #214 on: December 18, 2015, 01:30:43 PM »
Okay, it definitely helped a lot to reduce brightness on the screen ... I saw only a handful of dropouts the entire night, and no freezeups.

It would be nice if Mackie could resolve this problem.

Alternatively, has anyone wired up a data only connector cable for the DL that either has no power, or splits off its power usage to a different source?

sholom987

• Initiate
RE: Mackie Master Fader 5 Firmware Update Not Working (DL16s)
« Reply #215 on: February 24, 2022, 04:30:40 PM »
Issue:
I am using a Mackie DL16s. I connected to the network and opened master fader 5 and tried to connect. I am being prompted to update the firmware. However, each time I try it fails. I got this message: "Disconnection Notice" and "An Unexpected and unrecoverable error occurred during execution of an app state machine. Please reconnect and resync.".

Solution:
From Mackie Support:

We’re seeing a number of DL16S units ship with faulty firmware. You can fix it with a force update.

To perform a force update, please watch this video and carefully follow all steps:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11Egwkg_k4sVVjpFPU4dIigQt47s_QmiK/view