Author Topic: TH-Mini replacement  (Read 6504 times)

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
TH-Mini replacement
« on: October 29, 2012, 05:42:20 PM »
At 76 lbs I find myself reluctant to load them up and end up taking the crappy PRSubs out to smaller shows. I'm talking to Ramsdell Pro Audio about some of their 52 lb "clones" of the TH-Mini (http://www.ramsdellproaudio.com/products/subs/XS-12.html) but they actually aren't clones at all. They presently go deeper :) but aren't as loud above 70 Hz :(. They're working on "fixing" that as it appears I'm the first serious potential buyer for their XS-12's :). The neo driver they use is about $150 more than the ferrite driver that the TH-Mini uses and that driver is only 5 lbs heavier than the neo. With the ferrite they should be able to get down around $500 for their cab :). Their folding is presently more complex that the TH-Mini - if they cut that back they might be able to make back that 5 lbs too. My goal is always to have nothing over 50 lbs. Next gig I want to take two of my two bass cabs and try them - they are 2x12's (212MBE) 4 ohm cabs and the IPR3000 will feed them 840 watts each. These only weigh 34 lbs each, about the same as the PRSubs 8) !
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 05:51:20 PM by RoadRanger »

axisplayer

• Charter Member
  • Youngling
Re: TH-Mini replacement
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 02:34:21 PM »
And when you want to get rid of the Danleys, let me know...if the price is decent. I have wanted a pair (ok...actually a quad) for a long time. Four QRX212 over four LS1208 sounds great, but now I am starting to think more along the lines of four KF360s over four TH-Minis as a good system for a guy in his 60's. Much easier for me to move...

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
Re: TH-Mini replacement
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, 02:45:09 PM »
Someone else local already has dibs on them - sorry. They are actually on loan to them at the moment. Assuming the Ramsdell ones work out they will be less money than the Th-Mini's are worth used. Ramsdell's clone of the TH-115 might be a better match for you - they are only 75 lbs (same as the TH-Mini) and have the output of a LS1208. I'll ask them if those are "real" yet or not :).
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 01:11:22 PM by RoadRanger »