Author Topic: Hard disabling all (most) phantom power to protect inputs  (Read 1274 times)

simons007

• Initiate
Hard disabling all (most) phantom power to protect inputs
« on: February 27, 2023, 12:28:36 AM »
I've got a large keyboard set up in my studio and want to use the Mackie DL32R as the main mixer as I don't do much live PA stuff anymore. Right now I'm going through 3x Behringer 8 channel DI's but they suck. I'm thinking about making TS to XLR and going straight in but I'm concerned about phantom power. It is too easy to turn on from Master Fader. Making 24 Cap protected TS to XLRs is a pain. Anybody know of a way to globally turn off phantom power? The other option was to open it up and physically disable phantom on channels 1-24 (25-32 can stay as I can use the 1/4" TRS). Anybody open their DL32R? Does it look do able? Thoughts?

Wynnd

• Master
Re: Hard disabling all (most) phantom power to protect inputs
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2023, 05:17:50 PM »
Don't know a way to permanently disable it, but phantom power isn't easy to ACCIDENTALLY turn on.  And in the input trim panel, you can see the status of ALL input channels phantom power immediately IN RED if on and White if OFF.  The mixer defaults to staying is the last mode after shut down.  So unless you have shows saved with phantom power on, you aren't likely to be turning it on without a reason to.  (And it's not global on this mixer.  You have to turn it on by the channel.)