Author Topic: Recording, Just want to record for a drum sub to learn our tunes!  (Read 3704 times)

WhatsThatSound

• Youngling
I remember barely(with what part of my brain is left from that Pink Floyd concert back in 70...3?) there was much humdrum about recording off the board, I'm just looking for the most painless way to get a decent recording of the show to have a new drummer learn our starts/stops, etc. nothing fancy just to get up to speed. Docking the Ipad is not an option. (I hope that is not THE issue). I would like to do it off the board but do have a Tascam handheld as backup. Next show is in 2 weeks and any suggestion would be appreciated.

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
Re: Recording, Just want to record for a drum sub to learn our tunes!
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 08:36:27 PM »
Your better off with the Tascam. I avoid recording of the board since the two are usually at odds especially if your trying to get an overall sound of the band. You could also focus on the drummer part.
When in doubt KISS

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2013, 08:37:38 PM »
I use a handheld also for the same reason :) .

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2013, 11:50:24 PM »
Is everything miked? if so a single mono mix from a spare aux will do the business (if you have time to mix it before the show). Otherwise, for quick and dirty, use the Tascam.