Author Topic: New DL1608 Forum  (Read 36073 times)

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
Re: New DL1608 Forum
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2013, 02:06:09 PM »
We're still missing JerryLee, Larz and Hank. I'm sure they'll be along presently  8)

Trshot

• Punster
  • Padawan
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2013, 03:24:29 PM »
We're still missing JerryLee, Larz and Hank. I'm sure they'll be along presently  8)

I posted this link on Mackie's FB page hoping the regulars will see it! Meanwhile, should we take bets on when 1.4 will be released!!  :lol:

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2013, 03:52:32 PM »
I posted this link on Mackie's FB page hoping the regulars will see it! Meanwhile, should we take bets on when 1.4 will be released!!  :lol:
I did post the link to the yahoogroup more than once warning folks they should at least bookmark it. If they didn't they're probably no great loss. As to the release - at least they have told us what's up so we don't have to make up stuff :). No more alien stories I guess :( ;) .

Trshot

• Punster
  • Padawan
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2013, 05:06:57 PM »
I did post the link to the yahoogroup more than once warning folks they should at least bookmark it. If they didn't they're probably no great loss. As to the release - at least they have told us what's up so we don't have to make up stuff :). No more alien stories I guess :( ;) .

Honesty,  that's all we ever asked for! looks like they have heard us! Still lame of them to shut down ALL the forums not just the DL one.......

Kevin

• Door #1
  • Padawan
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2013, 04:53:21 PM »
Thanks for setting this forum up RR.

Without the old forum I probably would have sent the DL back after the first day or two. As a concept, the DL is brilliant, but as a product, it still has some issues. Out of the box, with Mackie documentation, I'd say its about 75 percent functional. Once you learn the undocumented features and how to work around the various idiosyncrasies, its a great unit - but figuring out that last 25 percent takes some work. Mackie probably doesnt appreciate this - but you and the other regular forum contributors saved them from a lot of potential returns, and probably got them a few sales.

Robert

• Youngling
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2013, 01:30:15 AM »
Thanks RR.  I'm also a former Mackie forum member.  Glad I found you guys. 

frede

• Youngling
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2013, 03:23:33 PM »
I found it!

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2013, 09:51:31 AM »
Thanks for setting this forum up RR.

Without the old forum I probably would have sent the DL back after the first day or two. As a concept, the DL is brilliant, but as a product, it still has some issues. Out of the box, with Mackie documentation, I'd say its about 75 percent functional. Once you learn the undocumented features and how to work around the various idiosyncrasies, its a great unit - but figuring out that last 25 percent takes some work. Mackie probably doesnt appreciate this - but you and the other regular forum contributors saved them from a lot of potential returns, and probably got them a few sales.

+1
The older I get, the better I was!

fazmanicg

• Youngling
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2013, 08:20:14 PM »
Hey All,
Finally made it to here! -- What Up Road Ranger?????? -- Where is Jerry Lee?

Anyway, Thanks for starting this forum.

I left a comment on Mackies Blog page, or whatever that is, But it never passed moderation. 

Here is the comment:

"As an owner of Both Presonus Studio Live and Mackie DL1608 …. Mackie really needs to pay attention to how Presonus does things, as far as online interaction goes. Presonus has the best forum, bar none, that is closely moderated. Presonus has their own LiveStream weekly bringing a wealth of information and how to’s regarding their products. They produce a ton af YouTube videos to guide, teach, and inspire …..

Mackie, you are making a BIG mistake ….. All this shows us, the consumers, is that you don’t care what we think, what we want, or what we need ….. It’s all about YOU. Times have changed …. you may have been THE player in the mixing space years ago …. but you are no longer the king of the hill ….. If I were you, I’d rethink your strategy, and give the users an opportunity to discuss and learn amongst themselves, along with real interaction by Mackie personel."

I don't think they liked it.  -- But, it's true!

Looking forward to meeting you all!

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2013, 08:29:26 PM »
Hey All,
Finally made it to here! -- What Up Road Ranger?????? -- Where is Jerry Lee?
Anyway, Thanks for starting this forum.
I left a comment on Mackies Blog page, or whatever that is, But it never passed moderation.
No Jerry so far - it's way to quiet here without him ;).
Where is that page you tried to post to?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 08:32:10 PM by RoadRanger »

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2013, 08:49:04 PM »
Maybe they made him walk the plank! Then there is always the the Bermuda Triangle explanation sort of like BenO!
When in doubt KISS

fazmanicg

• Youngling
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2013, 10:25:02 PM »
No Jerry so far - it's way to quiet here without him ;).
Where is that page you tried to post to?

Here is the link.  They never posted mine.  They deleted it.
http://www.mackie.com/enews/news-events/2013/03/update-mackie-website-and-forum/1/?ubb=postlist&Board=27
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 01:59:13 AM by RoadRanger »

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2013, 03:33:39 AM »
Here is the link.  They never posted mine.  They deleted it.
http://www.mackie.com/enews/news-events/2013/03/update-mackie-website-and-forum/1/?ubb=postlist&Board=27
They seem to be letting most comments stand. They even endorsed this forum :eek: :
Mackie on March 25, 2013 at 11:02 am said:
One of our awesome users has set up this forum and it looks like it is really taking off. Tons of great DL users on there for interaction: http://cacophony.aspinock.com/index.php?board=26.0
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 03:36:08 AM by RoadRanger »

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2013, 08:25:24 AM »
That must be the famous "Rebel Mackoid"  >:D

Nottoodeaf

• Padawan
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2013, 04:14:45 PM »
Found my way to the new forum, but waited until I turned 13 to accept the terms.
Does that have to be there?  Not anymore!