Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Master Fader V1.4 Coming RealSoonNow(tm)

<< < (19/23) > >>

RoadRanger:

--- Quote from: LeeSteel on April 03, 2013, 04:13:55 PM ---OK, well according to your link, we won't see the iPad app till next Monday.

--- End quote ---
Actually those are calendar days, not business days so there's a chance we'll see it tomorrow :) unless Easter pushes it to Friday :( . Also I think once approved Mackie still has to push the "go" button - dunno if they've finished the docs for it yet or not :-\ . Is there something specific in it you need?

LeeSteel:
My exact feeling Gio.. I too have shows tomorrow and Friday. I never take a new instrument to a gig without working with it first at home.

LeeSteel:
RR, you must be on the beta program if you aren't the least bit anxious to see some confirmation of features and workflow beyond the little blurb they posted a few months ago on the old forum. The rest of us are in the dark as to exactly what has changed or been modified, besides new compressors etc...

RoadRanger:

--- Quote from: LeeSteel on April 03, 2013, 04:53:13 PM ---RR, you must be on the beta program if you aren't the least bit anxious to see some confirmation of features and workflow beyond the little blurb they posted a few months ago on the old forum. The rest of us are in the dark as to exactly what has changed or been modified, besides new compressors etc...
--- End quote ---
Aside from MyFader I don't see anything of much interest to me. It would be nice if icons are saved but not a big deal. Even with MyFader I have yet to have a band show up early enough to have time to mess with IEM's although a couple lead singers have requested I bring one of mine along so they can try it out. My poor man's Micro Wedge clones (coaxial monitors, the real thing are hella expensive http://www.brandxav.com/eaw-mw10-black ) are better than most so that usually solves any previous problems they were having with hearing themselves anyways. I do have the iPad Mini to loan them if I ever do use the IEM so even MyFader isn't that important to me.

Harpman:

--- Quote from: RoadRanger on April 03, 2013, 05:05:44 PM ---
--- Quote from: LeeSteel on April 03, 2013, 04:53:13 PM ---RR, you must be on the beta program if you aren't the least bit anxious to see some confirmation of features and workflow beyond the little blurb they posted a few months ago on the old forum. The rest of us are in the dark as to exactly what has changed or been modified, besides new compressors etc...
--- End quote ---
Aside from MyFader I don't see anything of much interest to me. It would be nice if icons are saved but not a big deal. Even with MyFader I have yet to have a band show up early enough to have time to mess with IEM's although a couple lead singers have requested I bring one of mine along so they can try it out. My poor man's Micro Wedge clones (coaxial monitors, the real thing are hella expensive http://www.brandxav.com/eaw-mw10-black ) are better than most so that usually solves any previous problems they were having with hearing themselves anyways. I do have the iPad Mini to loan them if I ever do use the IEM so even MyFader isn't that important to me.

--- End quote ---

RR, One of the biggest things I'm looking forward to is the way they handled saving of Shows/Snapshots.  Most users wouldn't see this issue when dealing with 1 iPad, but I use 2.  One docked and the other remote.  I always end up with duplicate, triplicate shows on both devices since they are device dependent.  Also, icons are saved amongst devices now.  Ben showed me quite a bit regarding these improvements at the NAMM show.  The Vintage EQ, etc isn't really important to me.  I still like the surgical approach (4-band EQ, etc).  That is what I'm use to on my DAW (Sonar X2). I was told that 1.4 underneath the hood is a major redesign so they can implement some of the other features we want to see in versions past 1.4 (i.e. channel linking, elimination of unused channels, etc, etc.).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version