Author Topic: Master Fader V1.4 Coming RealSoonNow(tm)  (Read 65029 times)

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
Re: Master Fader V1.4 & My Fader
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2013, 08:46:55 AM »
BenO explained how to backup and restore a previous version in a post some time ago. I've just emailed Mackie Tech Support to ask for a recap which I'll post on here, but in case they don't reply is it possible to search the archive?

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2013, 12:12:29 PM »
BenO explained how to backup and restore a previous version in a post some time ago. I've just emailed Mackie Tech Support to ask for a recap which I'll post on here, but in case they don't reply is it possible to search the archive?
http://cacophony.aspinock.com/index.php?topic=220

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2013, 01:12:01 PM »
Brilliant, Thanks RR. Do you think that might be worth making a sticky?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 01:14:50 PM by sam.spoons »

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2013, 01:38:22 PM »
Brilliant, Thanks RR. Do you think that might be worth making a sticky?
Not until someone here tests it out - seems like a PITA to me and I'm not convinced it can downgrade the firmware in the DL1608. Personally I'd use this program to backup and restore the app - iTunes sucks x( :
http://www.i-funbox.com

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2013, 02:06:38 PM »
I'll give it a try when 1.4 finally arrives and report back 8) (maybe, I'v just had a look at i-funbox.....)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 02:09:49 PM by sam.spoons »

bcbeak

• Youngling
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2013, 02:10:12 PM »
Thanks for creating this. Really upset with MACKIE. If I had just purchased the DL1608  (and the entire DLM PA system)
I might be carting them back to Guitar Center to exchange for Behringer and QSC. 

We the active users .. were both critics and supporters of the mixer .. and our input should have been invaluable to the
MACKIE staff .. helping them to shape and better refine the product. But it appears that they did not want any user
problems to be made public.

abzurd

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2013, 03:37:38 PM »
It's not uncommon for things to be released at NAMM and not materialize for months, and sometimes are scrapped altogether. I had my eye on an Ultimate Stands speaker cart that was also the stand (speakers never leave the cart). They introduced at NAMM a few years ago and it never made it to market.

There's a good quote related to NAMM someone came up with years ago ("Not Available Maybe May")

FWIW, Presonus updates for the StudioLive have the same history. I've owned an SL since January of 2009. Presonus announces updates 3-6 months before you actually see them and sometimes don't even release all the functionality they tout ahead of time. In over 4 years they've had maybe 6 updates total.

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2013, 03:45:20 PM »
Thanks for creating this. Really upset with MACKIE. If I had just purchased the DL1608  (and the entire DLM PA system)
I might be carting them back to Guitar Center to exchange for Behringer and QSC. 

We the active users .. were both critics and supporters of the mixer .. and our input should have been invaluable to the
MACKIE staff .. helping them to shape and better refine the product. But it appears that they did not want any user
problems to be made public.

I get where you're coming from but the Berry iX16 is still only vapourware so far  ::) For the moment at least, the DL1608 is the market leader in a class of one.

Jerrylee

• Cruise Guy
  • Moderated
  • Knight
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2013, 01:08:55 PM »
Well in theory this would be the week ....if you go by BenO's "a couple more weeks" I hope they stay true to it and keep putting out updates but either way I know right now Jerry Lee can't stop laughing and saying I told you so to every random stranger he walks by  :lol:

I hate to say it...actually no I don't...I TOLD YOU SO. I even said that I wouldn't be surprised if Mackie shut down its forums. I guess it was all my fault. Spineless company. Can't wait till the x32 rack is released. I will never look back. Any company who would dump a great user database because they can't take the heat should not, and will not, be supported by me. If you have crappy business habits, don't know how to make a proper pr statements, have no problem lying to customers and not have the forethought to develop a product that wouldn't be left in the dust by its competitors, then you should be prepared for the backlash. Instead Mackie took the low road and punished its users.

Who is the one who said that they were ok about the delay but if it wasn't out by mid march then they would have to side with everyone who was complaining. It was either Hank or trshot. Where are you now? Still defending your beloved company. Again...I TOLD YOU SO.

Please o please behringer hurry up. FYI for everyone, the x32 rack is already out in Europe. They are waiting for US FCC approval. There are already reviews online. There are so many features Mackie will never, ever have in the dl. Here is one more: you can assign the inputs to multiple channels. You can take input 1 and assign it to channels 1 and 17. Then you can completely assign different effects, dynamics etc to each channel. Use channel 1 for the mains and channel 17 for the monitors. Sweet!

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2013, 01:39:13 PM »
Jerry is in da House!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJLSZfpwgFs" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJLSZfpwgFs</a>
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 01:42:44 PM by RoadRanger »

abzurd

« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2013, 01:56:29 PM »
Well in theory this would be the week ....if you go by BenO's "a couple more weeks" I hope they stay true to it and keep putting out updates but either way I know right now Jerry Lee can't stop laughing and saying I told you so to every random stranger he walks by  :lol:

I hate to say it...actually no I don't...I TOLD YOU SO. I even said that I wouldn't be surprised if Mackie shut down its forums. I guess it was all my fault. Spineless company. Can't wait till the x32 rack is released. I will never look back. Any company who would dump a great user database because they can't take the heat should not, and will not, be supported by me. If you have crappy business habits, don't know how to make a proper pr statements, have no problem lying to customers and not have the forethought to develop a product that wouldn't be left in the dust by its competitors, then you should be prepared for the backlash. Instead Mackie took the low road and punished its users.

Who is the one who said that they were ok about the delay but if it wasn't out by mid march then they would have to side with everyone who was complaining. It was either Hank or trshot. Where are you now? Still defending your beloved company. Again...I TOLD YOU SO.

Please o please behringer hurry up. FYI for everyone, the x32 rack is already out in Europe. They are waiting for US FCC approval. There are already reviews online. There are so many features Mackie will never, ever have in the dl. Here is one more: you can assign the inputs to multiple channels. You can take input 1 and assign it to channels 1 and 17. Then you can completely assign different effects, dynamics etc to each channel. Use channel 1 for the mains and channel 17 for the monitors. Sweet!

Um, you want to talk about crappy business habits? Behringer is the poster child. Heck, their wiki page is over 50% FCC fines and legal cases over the years.

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2013, 02:15:35 PM »
I put a "change of address" in my signature at HC and would encourage others to invite folks to this forum to get some traffic building.
Looks like they took it back out :facepalm: . So far they've let me have my "angry mob" link to here in my sig :) .

Tnelson494

• Padawan
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2013, 02:36:16 PM »
I love the 1608 it does all the things i've always wanted to do from the stage as far as playing in a band and running sound at the same time buuuut I'm starting to agree with Jerry Lee on this the more this thing strings along the more it feels like the company is on the verge of crashing hard. I've owned several things that started out kind of cool had potential then the company either went under or started another line (the next best newest thing) and stopped supporting the item I had and I was left with the option of looking for the next newest thing.....  I mean if no more updates come out and they leave the 1608 the way it is now I can survive just fine but damn that would suck  especially when you consider all the hype on getting customer feedback for future changes. Behringer used to be that bad company that no one took seriously but they are making a real effort to change there image and apparently there products. The future will tell I guess but if Mackie keeps racing towards the future the way they are I don't see them in it.... 

Jerrylee

• Cruise Guy
  • Moderated
  • Knight
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2013, 02:51:58 PM »
I have been using the dl for a while now and it does most of what I need. But there are limitations that are just not acceptable.  Having compression in my monitors makes using compression a no go. Especially on a larger stage. It does not look like they have any plans to address this issue. If they did someone would have said something. There is just not enough processing power to handle this. And something as small as having programmable mic pres on all the behringer x series is on its own a dl destroyer. Yes even on the ix16.

Here is a little more info you guys may not have about the ix16. Talk about smat thinking. The dock is not a dock. It is simply a tray/holder to put the iPad in. If you want to connect the iPad there is a USB out which all iPads can use. Not a limited 30 pin dock. And because of this the ix16 can be used as a 16 channel USB interface. It will also allow you to use Auria to get 16 tracks of recording. Natively you will only have stereo recording. (2 tracks).

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2013, 03:40:01 PM »

Please o please behringer hurry up. FYI for everyone, the x32 rack is already out in Europe.

The X32 Rack is not yet out in Europe, Berry's website still lists it as 'coming soon'